Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"Newport Brass" fairfield collection

Posted by czecheart (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 17:27

I'm considering a "Newport Brass" kitchen faucet, the Fairfield collection, with apron sink. Any feedback (pro and con) would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "Newport Brass" fairfield collection

If you want a specialty finish, it takes FOREVER to get it. I waited 5 months for a copper finish faucet from them.

o

We have several Newport Brass fixtures in our house (kitchen and bathroom), and we're delighted with all of them. After going through several brands that broke quickly, we finally found the durable Newport Brass several years ago. Their faucets have held up to a lot of abuse, the finish still looks brand new, and they work well. We have something similar to Fairfield in our kitchen (Chesterfield) and we're quite pleased with it. It's beautiful and has a substantial look and feel to it.

We didn't have any trouble ordering a specialty finish. They told me it would take 6 weeks to ship, and it arrived in 5. Maybe it just depends on which type of finish you order; copper might be different?

Good choice--you won't be disappointed.

o

I love my Newport Brass Fairfield. It's in brushed stainless. Had it installed for almost a year and a half and it's been great. I like that it's not so bulky.

photo DSC00654.jpg

o

Brasstech under the ownership if its founders Ross and Geoff Escalette1 established a solid reputation as a high quality faucet manufactured in the U.S. Brasstech under Masco is no longer a U.S. manufacturer.

The company designs and engineers its own faucets and provides full post-sale customer support, including a a customer service staff and replacement parts operation. The faucets are made, according to company sources, from solid "German" brass (although we're not sure what the difference is between German brass and un-German brass, and we're also not sure how German grass gets to China.). Unfortunately, many of STSR's valves contain a lot of plastic, including some plastic moving parts. We don't feel that plastic has a place in a product meant to last a lifetime. Brass and stainless steel valves are to be preferred. The company used to use valves from Fluhs Drehtechnik, GmbH, but that appears to have changed. The company lost points in our ratings for its extensive use of plastic cartridges. If you have a choice of an all-metal or metal-plastic valve in your Brasstech faucet, opt for all metal. In many cases you will not have a choice. All metal cartridges may not be available.

the Better Business Bureau rates Brasstech customer service "F", the lowest rating possible

http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/sources.faucets2.htm#newportbrass_namelink

o

Customer service was located near me California and very helpful when i called. Went above and beyond answering questions about the first faucet I tried to use which came from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore rather than one of their retail partners. Unfortunately together we figured out the faucet I bought was a display only version. But he took the time to assist.

o

I posted about our horrible experiences awhile ago. Powder room bath and the master - the master bath failure is now up to 25k and counting. Here's a link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Newport Brass = expensive garbage

o

I love this site that I linked below. I think they have many helpful articles. The one I linked is the faucet review article.

Here is a link that might be useful: An Overview of Faucets

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here