Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michele0901

Manf of multiple sized pulls?

michele0901
10 years ago

Our long awaited kitchen and bath remodel has started and boy is it dusty! I'm so glad it is summer so we can eat all our meals out in the backyard.

We have made all our choices (!) except for paint and cabinet hardware. We went to a hardware store that had tons of samples, and we couldn't find ones we like. We are looking for simple lines, all pulls, chrome, with nothing sticking out to catch clothing (a big must for DH who wears cargo shorts a bunch!).

My question is:
What manufacturers make multiple sized pulls in the same style?

Here is the listing of our kitchen cabinets:
Doors:
2 - 15" single door
4 - 27" double door
1 - 27" tall double door pantry
1- 30" double door
1 - 9" single

Drawers:
1- 9" pull-out pantry
1 - 18" trash pull-out
6 - 30" drawers
3 - 27" drawers
1 - 24" drawers
1 - 18" drawers

Does this warrant looking for different sized pulls? Or is there just one size you would recommend?

I like some of the stuff I've seen on Restoration Hardware website, but I hesitant to get something I can't get a sample of or somehow see in real life.

Can you help me?!? I'm feeling overwelmed with all the different vendors without any idea which are the best to look at. Maybe it's all that dust that's dsrupting my sleep and making it tough to think about this!

Comments (8)

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

Michele, Top Knobs has a very large selection of pulls with many of their designs offered in different sizes. They will send you samples for $5 a piece, deductible from your order if you decide to order from them. The samples I've received from them are solid and have a nice feel to them. I liked one of their Artisan brass lines, but my samples did have an issue in that the center-to-center holes were not quite accurate. That freaked me out, especially considering they are their top-of-the-line offering. The other samples I ordered from them did not have that problem.

I also recently received some samples from Berenson Hardware. I ordered them on Amazon from Woodworkers Hardware. They have quite a few styles that come in different sizes.

I haven't found a way to get around having to pay for samples of everything. It's kind of a drag, because it can get pretty expensive, but I won't make a big purchase without seeing and feeling the product first.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

If you are looking for a contemporary style, Hickory Hardware's Greenwich line offers different sizes for a reasonable price.

• michele0901
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I will check out Top Knobs, as well as hickory Hardware. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Love those HH pulls!
    I wanted solid brass (you can get a variety of finishes) and went with Baldwin brass(the Compleat BB store offers a nice discount and will ship)
    Also, colonial brass and schaub offer various sizes of pulls in solid brass
    I had many sizes of drawers and cabinets but stayed with 2 sizes
    5 inch for everything except the pull out pantry and cave doors. Feel free to take a look at my reveal. In the car(not driving but have to limit phone time to avoid queeziness) but search for a2gemini final reveal.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    10 years ago

bump

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

The way you listed your cabs...I hope you aren't thinking of getting different size pulls for different sized cabinets...all the cabinets get the same pull or knob, or combo of both. The only large sized pulls we used were on the fridge (we have cab fronts on ours)...even the dw got the same pull.

• michele0901
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Annie: that was one of my questions. I was thinking of getting possibly 2 sizes; one for 18" - 24", another for 27" - 30". I'm not sure which one would work for the cabinets if they are vertical, although we may go for horizontal on those... I need to get some samples to see what works best.

• whit461
    10 years ago

We bought from top knobs. Used 5 different sizes, most very close to what you listed. All pulls, stainless, nothing to catch clothes, priced right.