Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rev a shelf filler piece

Posted by cpaolin (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 17:06

I have a 3" space on my upper row of cabinets and was hoping to buy the rev a shelf 3" pullout filler. I can't find any information on opening dimensions required, can someone please tell me if it will fit or if I need a larger opening? I could move a couple cabinets over and gain another half inch but then the microwave wouldn't be directly over the range it would be over that half inch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rev a shelf filler piece

It needs 3'' between two cabinets. It cannot go between an appliance and cabinet, or between an angled corner cabinet and adjacent cabinet.

o

Thanks so much for your help. I have a 39" tall cabinet and a 24" tall cabinet above the microwave next to it, I was going to put it between the two. Could you please tell me why it won't work between them?

o

cpaolin:

It will work just fine, it's just that you'll be staring at one side of your spices:

Here is a link that might be useful: Rev

o

It needs a 3/4" panel to cover the side.

o

Ok, my microwave is 17" tall and will be mounted under the 24" tall cabinet so together they add up to 41" and the filler piece I was looking into is 3" x 39" so I shouldn't be able to see any of the rack. Does the rack only mount to the side of one cabinet? Will it fit if I leave exactly 3" of space? I really want to re hang my microwave but I need to make sure I leave the correct spacing for the filler to fit because once the microwave is hung I can't move the cabinets anymore.

o

"Does the rack only mount to the side of one cabinet?"

It is designed to mount between panels or cabinet/panel. Can you mount it on one side only? Sure. Is it right? No.

"Will it fit if I leave exactly 3" of space?"

Yes.

Will the people who buy your home smack themselves in the forehead and go "What the heck were they thinking?" Yes.

o

Haha ok so I won't mount it there. I can slide a cabinet down and mount it between two full height cabinets like your supposed to I just thought it would be more convenient to have a pullout spice cabinet next to the stove where you typically use most of the spices in said cabinet. Or maybe I'll scrap the whole idea and install a 24" cabinet instead of the 21" cabinet that is there now. Regardless I appreciate everyones help and input I can at least install my new microwave in the correct spot knowing 3" is sufficient for the filler.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here