Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisa226_gw

new pictures..of second backsplash!!!!

lisa226
15 years ago

HELLO ALL....I promised to send some better pictures of my new back splash...(first one i ripped out) I love the subway tile crackle finish..horus art ....its perfect...still waiting for my tile guy (been over two weeks) to grout...i am grouting in white.... i have been in a total house remodel now for over a year and we are getting close to the finish line...kitchen still needs grout...pendant lights...knobs... light rail...suggestions on lights and knobs would be great..heres a few pics for your viewing....thought id throw in my 'new flower garden as well..... have great weekend!! again thank you all for your help...i couldnt have done this without you! lisa :){{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc115/terri246/HOUSE021.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc115/terri246/HOUSE011.jpg

Comments (40)

• morton5
    15 years ago

Congratulations! You nailed it.

• elizgonz
    15 years ago

I love it!

• kelleg69
    15 years ago

This looks great. I am sure you are pleased you started over.

• edlakin
    15 years ago

it's fabulous. it gives your kitchen a real traditional feel. love the close-set grout line. who makes the tile?

• cpccarolyn_2008
    15 years ago

Beautiful. Enjoy

• lisa226
    Original Author
    15 years ago

THERE YOU GO.....

• lisa226
    Original Author
    15 years ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH.......... edlakin---the company is horus art.. its the tiffany series... im very happy with the quality and look...

• rhome410
    15 years ago

Looks amazing. Who woulda thought something so absolutely simple could have such zing? It's great.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

What a difference! You must feel so good about your decision to take the other down and start over. You will enjoy this for many years to come and your DH will be the beneficiary.

• marthavila
    15 years ago

I remember when you shared your angst about that first backsplash. Although I did not comment then, I was secretly delighted to learn that you decided to rip it out. Now this. It's simply fabulous! I've seen countless subway tile backsplashes but this one has a certain understated "oomph!" about it that just rocks. Congratulations!

• laxsupermom
    15 years ago

Beautiful. So worth the wait to find just the right one after ripping out the other.

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

This one is definitely a keeper . . . congrats!!!!! The kitchen is looking gorgeous.
    Lynn

• rgillman
    15 years ago

I cannot get over the difference! So glad you followed your instincts and ripped out the first tile - this is beautiful!

• gam51
    15 years ago

Nice change. It looks elegant! I admire that you were willing to not live with something you didn't like after all the effort in your new kitchen. All I've done is purchase one I don't like too much now and struggling to pitch it (non-returnable). You've given me inspiration to make the change!

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

Lisa, ya done good!! That's a HELLUVA lot better than the first time around!!

• redroze
    15 years ago

The colour couldn't be more perfect. So glad you found the right one!

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

Glad you followed your instinct! Its beautiful!

• Circus Peanut
    15 years ago

Perfect! But now I'm a little worried about that existentialist shot with the abandoned teddy bear ... ;-)

• pharaoh
    15 years ago

Lisa,
    you scared me for a minute until i saw that you had not grouted yet! White grout will be perfect. I detest contrasting grout especially with white tile.

The color of that white tile goes very well with the cabinets.

All's well that ends well!!

Now who was the other poster with the yellow backsplash?

• lmalm53
    15 years ago

Lisa the backsplash is GREAT! I hope you don't mind, but your kitchen is SO GORGEOUS I had to lighten up the exposure on your pics a little to do it justice. I can see your cute little pooch now in the family room! The tile, granite and cabinets are just so wonderful together... you should be very proud of the hard work and decisions you have made!

• marthavila
    15 years ago

Lmalm53, I agree. Lisa's kitchen is gorgeous! But your shots that shed a bit more light on the subject makes that point abundantly clearer. And congrats again, Lisa!

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

It looks perfect with your cabs and granite!!!! Very happy for you!

• lisa226
    Original Author
    15 years ago

you guys are the best!!!! IMALM53..lightneing up those pictures def showed its true beauty.. thank you. ...i figured out why the other tile was making me so sick...."we" here on this forum..well...were not like most people...they just pick something out and are happy with it...."we" perhaps are artists in our own way....looking for everything to be just "perfect' on our canvas.... the canvas being the blank space in the room before we start the creating....so again ...i say thanks for appreciating my art work lol lol as far as the living room and that poor teddy bear... as i said we are doing a whole house redo... i threw out all my furniture in the process.... those are a few pieces i have gottan so far....still need window treatments...pictures ect.... that quilt on the back of the couch will be hung up...it is hand made.... busy busy lots of things to do....again...thanks for your kind words... does my heart good :) my DH also appreciates them...

• dedtired
    15 years ago

Sorry -- I haven't been paying attention. What did the first backsplash look like? This one is absolutely perfect.

• lisa226
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hi dedtired..iim going to bump up the thread (if i figure out how) it is titled "help i hate my backsplash" take a look ..

• soshh
    15 years ago

Love it! We are in the final stages of a master bath remodel that uses those tiles (pretty sure the exact same ones) but we used Misty gray grout which I LOVE and a slightly thicker grout line. (Our girls' bath uses the tighter grout line & I wanted it to be different.)Just to show a peek:

• inkycrab
    15 years ago

Wow, it's gorgeous! Love the new tile.

• coffeebreak
    15 years ago

Lisa!!!!!!!!! You did it! Congratulations! You must be just beaming :) It looks fantastic!

• roey736
    15 years ago

It's gorgeous!! Is that the bianco or biscuit color?

• david123
    15 years ago

LOVE IT! I might just be able to talk my husband into subway tiles after all, he loved the pics too.

What did the tile look like before? Any pictures???

• boxiebabe
    15 years ago

Lisa: in a word, GORGEOUS! I just LOVE it!

• lisa226
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks agian for your kind words....ROEY--IT IS BIANCO NOT BISQUIT..THIS BISQUIT HAS A YELLOW HUE......AS YOU CAN SEE THE BIANCO IS NOT A STARK WHITE..MY CABINETS ARE ANTIQUE WHITE....MY ADVISE TO ANYONE TRYING TO COORDINATE A WHITE TILE WITH A WHITE CABINET...ASK THE DEALER WHERE YOU ARE BUYING THE TILE TO GET YOU A SAMPLE OF THE CURRENT DYE LOT..THIS IS WHAT I DID SECOND TIME AROUND.... OR WAS IT REALLY THIRD TIME AROUND LOL.....YOU GUYS DONT KNOW THE HALF OF THIS...ANYWAY... OFF TO THE POOL...BEAUTIFUL SATURDAY OUT THERE...ENJOY PS SOOSH LOVE YOUR BATHROOM...

• soshh
    15 years ago

Lisa is right, the horus art tile in bianco is a creamy white, not as bright as the white of a daltile or american olean subway tile. In some lights it looks whiter but at certain times it looks creamy in comparison to my white hex floor above. In comparison, the biscuit which is usually a cream color definitely looks more yellow. I wanted to do a blend of the bianco and biscuit but the colors were too dramatically different.

• paigeysmom
    15 years ago

Lisa, its beautiful. Quick question--what is your granite? My husband just announced yesterday (1 week before our cabinets are to be installed) that he doesn't like the idea of white glazed cabinets with light granite and a creamy tiled backsplash because its too much beige. He wants a blue, black or green granite that is more dramatic. But after he saw the pictures of your kitchen he agreed that the lighter granite will work best in our kitchen. Thank you for saving my entire vision for the room with your backsplash photos.

• marys1000
    15 years ago

Lisa, I think you did an amazing job at picking the subway tile. I don't really see the crackle (which is probably good, is it subtle or just part of the name because of the "antique" color?) It never ceases to floor me how something that seems so simple initially can get so hard!
    I also really like your appliance arrangement, unload fridge next to sink, over, prep food btw sink and stove, over to stove and back. I don't like moving food and pots across the floor.
    Last, I think your vent hood is amazing. Question - what did you use for a vent and does it vent to the outside? This is another one of those, seems simple but can get complicated issues.
    Thanks for the pics.

• lisa226
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello there...thank you again for your kind words....
    PAIGE--my graite is bianco romano...i am the girl that went to every granite yard in nj lol and.....i had enough granite samples to do my whole counter if i pieced them together ...no lie lol.... i have seen other bianco romanos but the others i have seen have much more white...this one has alot of other colors going on which caught my eye and it is still very soft which is what i was going for...i like light and airey and like to do my bamm of color if any in my acessories...
    MARYS1000--hard to see the crackle from the pics...it is subtle but very much there...(unless i dont have my glasses on )..cant see anythng without them these days... i followed the old arrangement of appliances and didnt change what i formerly had...glad you like it....the vent hood i must confess does not vent outside...booooo i know but it became very complicated and we opted to stay with the ventless hood which is what we had...it has a reciruclating filter or something in there... it works for us ..i am not a big fryer ...of course and outside vent would have been better but you cant always have everything i suppose...good luck with your remodels...it is fun even though it gets stressful...remember... this is artwork...creating your space.. ok...of to the boat.... nice sunday afternoon here at the jersey shore... :) lisa

• raehelen
    15 years ago

What a huge difference, and I can only imagine the relief you and hubby are sharing!

I was going to ask about the crackle too, but you've answered that.

How do you open your drawers? (Did you take the masking tape off for the pics? :>) Oh, I see that they're not frameless, maybe you just grab from the sides for now?

I think pewtery type knobs, pulls, handles would look nice- maybe the birdcage style? So many choices- I got mine from Lee Valley- they have a good selection, and are fairly priced.

• budge1
    15 years ago

Here is a link to pictures of old splash. I, too, love the new one.

Here is a link that might be useful: old backsplash

• lisa226
    Original Author
    15 years ago

raehaeln--yes im just using the side of the drawers to open them...since i have not been able to make a decision about what pulls knobs to use/?? your right...so many choices.... i will check out lee valley.thank you for the advice... :)

• amyamster
    13 years ago

when we were ready to update our kitchen, we bought our kitchen backsplash tile from http://www.glasstilewarehouse.com/. they have a very large selection of products at very competitive prices.