Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ssdarb

Kohler Stages sink?

ssdarb
10 years ago

Does anyone have the Kohler stages sink or something similar?

I probably don't have room for the 45" version, but there is a 33" version.

Looking for real reviews! Thanks!

Comments (9)

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

Google Kohler Stages Gardenweb. It brings up several posts.

• will2kz
    10 years ago

Loving mine. Yes, I chose it based on reviews and advice here. I really wanted the 45 inch model, but had to do some mangeneering to make it work in my 36 inch base cabinet.... aka cutting off metal brackets, raising counters to 35.5" and lowering dishwasher to floor....

• scrappy25
    10 years ago

HI will2kz, does that mean that the bottom of the counters are at 35.5 and that the top is now at 37" or so? I've been wanting to see an example of this modificaion so thanks for posting it. If you have any in-process pictures, do you have them posted to another thread?

• ssdarb
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I don't quite understand the comments about changing the cabinet base. Can you elaborate? We are building new custom cabinets.

Will2kz - did you say that you DID get the 45" version?

Thanks!

• Ivan I
    10 years ago

I lust after that sink.

Good to see you don't have to have 2 faucets for it.

• lala girl
    10 years ago

I have the 45" and absolutely love it - I credit GW for turning me on to the sink, no one has it in my neck of the woods (our plumber thought it was some sort of special dog bathtub when it arrived).

There are lots of good reviews on here that will appear when searched just like motherof3sons suggests. We installed 2 faucets since our layout wasn't conducive to an additional prep sink and it increased the utility of the sink 10 fold when both me and DH are prepping/cooking. But I do think one faucet would work well too.

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

I have the 33. I love it. I was able to have the cabinet maker make me a cabinet that wasn't all sink base.

Under the drainboard area, I have a knife drawer, with a double trash pullout below that. Under the deep sink part, I do have a door with the usual sink drain parts in it. He had to make the knife drawer shallower than any other top drawer so it would clear the bottom of the drainboard.

One thing to keep in mind, my stone fabricator somehow mised the fact that there was a ledge for the accessories to sit on, so when the stone was installed and the sink, the cutting board and the trays were just a hair too big. Had a friend with a workshop that is the best around, took a little off all the acessories and now--it all fits perfectly! So, make sure your fabricator is well aware of the cutting board and trays, etc.

I really love mine. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

"(our plumber thought it was some sort of special dog bathtub when it arrived)"

LOL!!!!!!