Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
berardmr_gw

Oh please post a photo of your backsplashes...

berardmr
11 years ago

I need some inspiration. The cabinets will arrive soon and the contractor is scheduled to begin his work in a few weeks and I don't have a clue about a backsplash. I'm open to anything and everything. Somebody rescue me with some good ideas before I scream!! The backsplash is the last choice I need to make!

Comments (64)

• berardmr
    Original Author
    11 years ago

AnnaA, your kitchen is beautiful. Is that Cambria Torquay I see? That's what I think I'm getting since I can't find the right quartzite slab.

Abouttogetdusty, you made me drool with that tile!! Then I realized that Bee had posted a "water cut" tile and I looked at the $$$$$ and came right down from my high. I love that tile. Does anyone know what it runs? Probably way out of my price range, as I need about 80 sq. ft. Oh, I'm in love though...

• sbp59
    11 years ago

This is too much fun! I don't post much but certainly got a lot of ideas for our kitchen overhaul from this site. Kitchen is almost done and BS still needs to be sealed but I do agree that when it came to picking the BS, that was the hardest part. I love to see all the different ones; they are all beautiful!

• notlazysusan
    11 years ago

This is so much fun! Looking at all of these gorgeous and individually stunning backsplashes! I am at the ordering appliances and cabinets stage. Next comes granite. I hope you all stick around for that, and then comes the backsplash. The input and honest feedback that is provided via this forum is irreplaceable. An extended family without the baggage!

• leela4
    11 years ago

Here's ours:

• AnnaA
    11 years ago

Yes, these bs pics are fun!

Berardmr, the white counter is Silestone Lyra. Very similar to C. Torquey, but the veining runs black to grey, rather than grey. We wanted the black, so it was the perfect choice.

Can't wait to see what you eventually pick.

• peonybush
    11 years ago

Here's mine...

• AboutToGetDusty
    11 years ago

Yes, this is making me want to hop from kitchen to kitchen, trying them all out ;-)
    Water jet = expensive indeed. I think mine was $102/square foot. I fell in love, and the only way I could get it in my kichen was to limit it to behind my range ;-)

• Jodi_SoCal
    11 years ago

Ours is Jeffrey Court's Pietra Opus Quartz Brick Fire & Ice.

Jodi-

• petra66_gw
    11 years ago

Mine is white, bevelled subways with a multi-coloured glass subway liner.

• Delilah66
    11 years ago

Counter=BS for me

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

large format subway seaglass colored frosted glass

• maries1120
    11 years ago

I love this thread and seeing all the backsplashes.

Sixtyohno - what kind of tile is this? I need to go simple too.

• berardmr
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Looking at all of these backsplashes is like Ladies Night with a full menu of fancy drinks from which to choose! Babs711, where did you find your tile? Love that is has a shade of gray in it. I talked DH into taking me to Best Tile today, want to see dragonfly08's tile in person.

• mermanmike
    11 years ago

Every time I see Petra's backsplash I smile.

• outsideplaying_gw
    11 years ago

Wow, even tho I'm not looking to do anything with my kitchen right now, this is fabulous to browse through all these kitchens! Beautiful, different, and all fun to look at. Good luck berardmr!

• ellendi
    11 years ago

Yes, when people post, they should include what the tile is. I am also enjoying all of these backsplashes. Don't think we will ever tire of seeing them!

• jstehl
    11 years ago

Here is a picture of my backsplash.

• phallky03
    11 years ago

White subway tile with mosaic--both from Home Depot.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

My backsplash

GF's backsplash

• sixtyohno
    11 years ago

Maries1120- the tile is by Trend. I got it in Nelson tile in Saugerties NY and it was $10 sq/ft. I've seen it even cheaper on line. The color is called beige, but it definitely is green. Glass tile is more expensive to install because the blade is so expensive and the 50 or so square feet cost about $800 to install which blew me away. I do love it and it is gorgeous.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Here's mine:

• Pipdog
    11 years ago

Here's mine. It's white staggered onyx.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Dh and I haven't thrown out a cork from a wine bottle in over 30 years. So he kept yelling at me to do something with them. So I corked the backsplash over the bar and desk area in our kitchen. Desk area is nice as it works as a corkboard too.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

That is so freakin' cool AnnieDeighnaugh! What a great idea!!!! Clever, and it looks spectacular.

• suzanne_sl
    11 years ago

Travertine mini Versaille with blue glass mosaic pieces substituted for some 1x1 squares.

• ellendi
    11 years ago

jstehl, a friend wants to do a wood kitchen. What is your backsplash tile and your counter. This is the look she is going after.

• hags00
    11 years ago

Ok I had just about settled on no backsplash for my new kitchen and now you guys are making me change my mind!! I think my head will explode if I have to make one more decision!

• hellonasty
    11 years ago

6 x 12 glass glass tiles from Cancos on Long Island. Sorry for hugeness of photo.

• Sidney4
    11 years ago

I love seeing everyone's back splashes. Here's mine. The tiles are Jeffery Court Facets...wish I could figure out how to change the size of the photos in photo bucket.

• jstehl
    11 years ago

ellendi, here is another picture of my backsplash. It is a travertine and then I used glass tiles that we cut the mesh to put into the pattern. The counter is St. Cecelia Gold. It is kind of also close to New Venetian Gold. I've also posted a link that shows a bit more. Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel

• ayerg73
    11 years ago

Not sure what you're looking for, but here's mine -

• NewSouthernBelle
    11 years ago

This thread is great. So much fun seeing everyone's bs all in one place.

I, too, smile every time I see Petra's backsplash. Someday I will have a kitchen with a splash of multiple colors.

Here is my backsplash - it was the last thing to go in.
    Behind the hood:

Close Up, everywhere else (it looks darker than IRL):

• ellendi
    11 years ago

Thanks jstehl, I want to help my friend avoid the mistakes and stress that I had during my kitchen reno by having a clear vision of cabinets, BS and counter.

• 1929Spanish
    11 years ago

We used Home Depot's lantern tile - sourced before I saw Beekeepers kitchen and found this wonderful forum - it's an affordable option for arabesque. It fit our house perfectly.

Here's a closeup:

• babs711
    11 years ago

berardmr, It's by Settecento and I think is called The Traditional in gray/green (even though it's definitely got blue in it also). I got it from my stone place. They do have a Contact Us link on their site. I know a local tile place I just went to just got it this week. It's not a huge line. The tiles are very thick and good to work with.

Pipdog, I've always loved your backsplash!!

• Ilene Perl
    11 years ago

My BS, Jeffery Court Pearl white beveled sudway

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

Before the new granite was installed in February, we were able to save the backsplash, Sonoma tile, it looks nice with the new granite too.

• dashmag
    11 years ago

Pipdog, I really like your countertop and back splash combination! What kind of stone is it??

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

I am still in the ABB club but making progress.
    Our kitchen started out contemporary/modern but ended up transitional.

Initially, I really wanted back painted glass but just could not get the glass to talk to the countertop. I did not want subway (reminds me of elementary school or an old hospital - sorry)

Tile is Grazia Rixi Crema and the inset is called Beach - from Tile-shop.com (not tileshop.com)
    This is the tile and inset we are going to order - working on shipping arrangements as has to go to a business or the shipping costs as much as the tile!!

Plan on one layer of 5x5, then the inset, and then diagonal above. These are all different color tiles as I only have one sample of the color. I might put a few small medallions above the cooktop (see Chitown - not sure she posted)

L-shaped section of the kitchen (there bake zone is on the opposite side) but might give you an idea of at the style.

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

What a great idea this thread is. Definitely goes in my clippings.

When I planned my reno, I had in mind glass tile with a bit of glitz to it. I love some of the ones posted here. But when I was ready, I didn't like any of the glass tiles in my kitchen. I found I preferred this simple matt linear design. Deciding on the grout was hard, and I am not sure my choice was a good one. I had no idea how crucial grout color is.
    What looks like a light color around the window is light reflecting off the bull-nosed tile.

Color is somewhere between that shown in these pics. The tile is American Olean Costa Rei 12" x 20" - Pietra Bianco Interlocking Deco.

• michellemarie
    11 years ago

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Oops, meant to post this picture - shows the basic design but not correct "medallions"

• thynes1501
    11 years ago

Kind of late to this, but here's mine.

• annac54
    11 years ago

Here's ours, crema marfil marble subway. I originally wanted glass or a glass/stone mosaic combination, but couldn't find one that really worked with the granite or that DH liked.

• Shira S
    11 years ago

{{!gwi}}From Kitchen Plans

• ginny20
    11 years ago

Like javachik, I have a full granite backsplash. Very easy to keep clean, and one fewer type of finish in my little kitchen.

• elaughlin5
    7 years ago

a2gemini--can you post a pic of your completed kitchen backsplash please??

• sherri1058
    7 years ago

Here is a link toher reveal.