Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
7jx7

Kitchen Floors

7jx7
10 years ago

So I'm remodeling the kitchen. The cabinets are coming way sooner than I anticipated, so I have to get rolling on the floors I'll be putting down. I'm installing white cabinets with a cocoa-like glaze to them.
Now, I can't decide on the floors. I've always had tile, but they're tough on my feet and they get crazy cold on them as well.

1. Does anyone have experience with traditional hard wood vs. engineered floors? I'd probably run either under the appliances (or not?)

2. I had the LR and DR red oak floors refinished. I don't know that I want to try and match them and have them come out slightly off. I'm thinking of doing a wide plank and in a darker color. Anyone have experience with "different floors" in same house like this?

3. If I went with wide plank and darker, would you run the floors the same direction as the LR, DR or run it the opposite direction?

Your thoughts/advice would be MUCH appreciated. I recently discovered these forums and you guys have been a big help already. I'll see if I can post of few pics to help give an idea.

Comments (4)