Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cienza

Blue Louise

cienza
13 years ago

My husband and I are totally excited to have chosen Blue Louise for our home! It was the inspiration for our entire renovation. We've been trying to locate any information at all about origin, composition, city of quarry, mineral content, age, history etc about this stone, but all we can find is that it's from Brazil. Any other information would be GREATLY appreciated! Our fabricator came to template today so we expect installation soon. We're so excited we can hardly contain ourselves. We chose this stone for its unequalled beauty and endless color combinations. It totally matches our personalities and totally ROCKS our world! Thanks for all your help on our renov so far!

Comments (15)

• rjr220
    13 years ago

Not to sound like a cynic, cienza, but your post seems a wee bit spammy, especially since I'm not sure what help you've gotten from the site when you just joined today and haven't yet asked for help (yes, I know there are lurkers but not posters out there). But if you aren't spamming, I am happy that you found a rock to rock your kitchen.

• cienza
    Original Author
    13 years ago

What's 'spammy'? I'm new and still getting up on the 'lingo'. We started gutting the kitchen back in February during the blizzards. My husband got a bit of cabin fever I think. The water leaking thru the soffit coming thru the kitchen door probably helped his 'logic'. Since then, we went down to bare studs. (I'll keep this brief since the story could go on for days...) We (really, he since I'm just the grunt on his job) Since we only had one plug in the kitchen that kept shorting out from the snow on the roof leaking thru the walls, the electrical got a total rehab too. While the walls were off, he decided the plumbing should be re-routed as well since the waste pipe for the kitchen sink was connected to the toilet and tub in the hall bath. Fast forward to July. Cabinetry is on the walls, oh yes, we have walls now! We have lights, oh yes, we have lights! Still washing dishes in the shower since the tub & toilet in the hall bath are now just studs and plywood. Still eating out of the microwave & hot plate since the stove isn't hooked up yet. The stone fabricator came out today to template our countertops and pick up the sink that we ordered. All thru the process, I've used this forum as a 'info source'. No other place had more information all in one place with so much input. The pictures were a great help as I designed our layout and everything from cabinetry to hardware.

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

Is this what you're talking about?? It's very dramatic.

{{!gwi}}

• cienza
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, chris45ny, that's IT! Our slab has slightly different direction to the veining and some swirls too. It is dramatic. Our cabinetry is natural maple and our hardware is brushed stainless & brushed nickel. Those colors are just breathtaking! When Tom (DH) and I were making our final choices, we each made a list in order of preference of the final 5 color choices. This one was number one on both of our lists. Once we saw that, well, I can't tell you how stoked we both were. He was afraid I wasn't going to want it and I was thinking he wouldn't put the money out for it. We re-evaluated our budget and decided to make some sacrifices. Great marriages are all about communication (and prayer!)

• plllog
    13 years ago

Welcome Cienza!! We've just had a lot of people use the forum for commercial reasons lately, or to boost the traffic to their blogs. Your first message had that kind of sound, but your other messages make you sound just like one of us. So please feel welcome here!!

That's gorgeous stone and should look marvelous with the natural maple! It's great to hear you're both communicating so well, and so much on the same page. I don't blame you for being excited!

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

Make sure you continue to post your progress. Looking forward to seeing pictures also. This granite/quartzite reminds me of Van Gogh. It should look great with your choice of cabinets and hardware.

• kitchendetective
    13 years ago

The stone is also referred to as Van Gogh. A couple of other GWers have used it. See if you can look up Glycera's kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog, for reference. It is a spectacular stone--actually a quartzite, I believe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Marva

• rjr220
    13 years ago

Hanging my head in shame. Didn't mean to sound snarky.

I hope things come together soon. Reading your second post made me go get a glass of wine.

• eustacem
    13 years ago

You could put a frame around that stone and hang it on your wall...stunning.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Pretty stone!!!!

• chicagoans
    13 years ago

Love that stone! I'm so glad for you that both you and your DH are so happy with it.

Snowbaby on the FKB has a beautiful example of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB - Van Gogh Granite

• sochi
    13 years ago

Really lovely stone! Can't wait to see the kitchen. Good luck!

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

This is gutsy stuff. Not for the restrained good taste crowd. Have a ball!

• steff_1
    13 years ago

Hi cienza, so glad you joined up.

Blue Louise (Luis) was used in my favorite kitchen. I love it too!

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Hi Cienza,

Blue Louise or Van Gogh is a gorgeous granite. I can
    see why you like it. I wish I had more information for
    you. The swirly blue, yellow, green patterns filled
    with veins and excitement are often expensive, but oh
    so worth the goregous look.
    Here are a few images.
    ~boxerpups

Tile Warehouse Inc.