Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moen faucet with reflex system

Posted by GWlolo (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 30, 13 at 16:36

I bought a Moen arbor faucet which supposedly has a Reflex System that will smoothly pull back the pull down hose. Now that it is installed, this does not work. Worse, the head of the faucet sometimes hangs a bit.

Do you have a Moen faucet with reflex and does it have any special installation trick? Does Reflex work or is it just marketing hype? Maybe I have a dud!

This post was edited by GWlolo on Tue, Jul 30, 13 at 16:37

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moen faucet with reflex system

Look under the sink to make sure the "weight" is connected to the looping hose at a proper position. With the spout fully in its place, the weight should hang vertically on the side of the loop that gets pulled upwards when you pull-out the faucet.

o

Seconding Dennis's advice to check the location of the weight. We have a new Moen with Reflex and DH was just commenting last night how much better the pull-down is than our previous faucets (Blanco and before that Kohler).

o

Dennis, Ruby --> Thanks for the tip! Just wanted to post back and say that this worked. Today I crawled under the sink and redid the weight.

For future reference, all Moen reflex faucets have a white tag on the side where the weight is supposed to go. The weight is installed below the white flag just before where the hose starts to curve. Works perfectly now.

o

Glad you were able to fix it. Just wanted to add that when my Moen Reflex faucet doesn't retract well, it's because some bottle of cleaning product or something has gotten pushed to the back of the cupboard and is impeding the action. The hanging tag, for instance, kept getting caught.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here