Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsandrews_gw

Anyone have Kraftmaid Cabinets in Irish Cream Glaze?

mrsandrews
15 years ago

If so, I'd love to see some pics. Im having my cabs custom built and am having one heck of a time finding a creamy white color with a very light glaze, just enough to highlight the beautiful design features in the wood details. Thanks!

Comments (10)

• lakesideinnj
    15 years ago

We went with the Vanilla Bean Glaze instead and LOVE the results, esp with NVG granite and hardwood floors. I've been a long-time lurker during my addition/renovation this past winter/spring. I know that it was really difficult to find pics on the web of Kraftmaid glazes but after we did our kitchen it is amazing how many people now tell me they have glazed cabinets! Check back- I'll try to post pictures by next weekend.

• paigeysmom
    15 years ago

We also went with the vanilla bean (or canvas with cocoa glaze as Kraftmaid now refers to it) and they are due to arrive some day this week. I was considering the irish cream based on the beautiful pictures of that finish in Kraftmaid's latest brochure, but in the showroom I realized the finish has a lot more yellow than the vanilla bean and I was afraid it wouldn't stand out very well against my yellow walls.

• mrsandrews
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I agree completely. After looking more closely at the samples in the store, the irish cream was way too yellow for me too. I'd love to see pics of the vanilla bean when you have them. It's soooooooo pretty!

• dajeli
    15 years ago

I was also searching for a creammy color with a light glaze. I went with Dynasty alma/caramel glaze. It has enough definition to highlight the molding. I spent a lot of time searching for the perfect color, my cabinets are on order, I'm hoping my search wasn't in vain. The vanilla bean glaze was too much of a contrast for me, the Irish cream was better, but still not the look I wanted.
    I saw the alma/caramel color in an EXPO store.
    Good luck

• weedyacres
    15 years ago

We tried all 3 of KM's 3 off-white glazes, holding them against granite we were considering. Ultimately we went with vanilla bean. Here's a photo of half the kitchen if if it helps.

• jnjmom
    15 years ago

Oh Weedy!! I love your kitchen!!!!! What granite is that?

• mrsandrews
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow Weedy, that looks gorgeous!!!!!!!!! I love it!

• htbyrn
    15 years ago

What color base boards did you use with your cabinets and rest of kitchen. We have a pantry door and other molding we'll have to paint and I can't decide on a shade?

• weedyacres
    15 years ago

jnj: Sorry, I never revisited this thread to answer your question. If you poke your head in here, it's Terra Brazilas.

Our trim is painted Valspar (Lowe's) Cream in my Coffee, an off-white shade that goes great with the cabinets. You can see a small piece of the door casing at the far left of the stove.

• lisacairo_optonline_net
    13 years ago

Whoever posted that picture....can you post a finished shot with the backsplash....i love this kitchen! it's gorgeous!