Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gglks

wanted---pics of stainless steel farmhouse sink

gglks
15 years ago

Have been considering this but i'm afraid it will look too modern for my taste. Please send any pics!!! thanks...

Comments (14)

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

photo taken in early-May -- unpacking!

photo taken in late-April -- minus appliances

sink is the shiny piece you can see on the right

Our kitchen is definitely in the traditional style and I don't know, but to me, the stainless apron front sink just makes sense! I love it love it love it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

• gglks
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rmkitchen,

just saw the link of your whole kitchen.....it is beautiful and the look i am going for. i now know i want the stainless sink......thanks for your help. also, what color paint is in the family room off of your kitchen???

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

It looks awesome Brooke!!!

• blackeyedpeas
    15 years ago

Here is a totally different look from rmkitchen's which by the way is just STUNNING! Love the white on white with the stainless.
    Mine is dark on dark....

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

blackeyedpeas--yes, another totally awesome look! Very dramatic!

PS Better hide that chicken from i-chic!

• oskiebabu
    15 years ago

Lansen makes a very beautiful apron ss sink that is far less expensive than most and is thicker gauged than most any at 15 gauge. I think you can buy them in single sink or split sink. They are owned by Karran. They are listed under the Lansen Elite section, as opposed to the less expensive plain Lansen section.

Greg

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

blackeyedpeas -- your kitchen is gorgeous! There was someone online recently (over the weekend, I think), who was asking about doing soapstone atop dark cabinets and her KD was pooh-poohing that. (The KD was saying one "should" do dark counter atop light cabs and light counter atop dark cabs. As someone who did light on light, I say "ridiculous!") I have GOT to find her post so I can send her to your yummy photo.

• blackeyedpeas
    15 years ago

Thanks ladies! I have to admit I was worried about the dark on dark however I had already ordered my cabs when I found the kitchen forum and learned about soapstone. I just couldn't resist and I figured the only people who had to be happy with the look were me and my DH since we were paying for it.LOL If I had found soapstone sooner I probably would have gotten painted cabs BUT now that we have it I really love how it looks.
    Now I need to decide what my island is going to be, the countertop on it is going to be butcherblock. Do ya'll have any suggestions? Painted or wood? What colors? I have a VERY difficult time making decisions....
    RMKITCHEN, I love the end detail on your island counters, I may have to copy that!

• edlakin
    15 years ago

yeah, the dark on dark looks great.

on paper, or just talking about it, i totally would've agreed with the KD referenced above, but looking at a picture, it works really well.

learn something new every day in this forum....

• gglks
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rmkitchen, what brand sink do you have?

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

I wrote this in the other post (rmkitchen updates) so I'm just copying it over here

gglks -- the paint is Aura (Benjamin Moore) Frappe, AF-85. I have to say I haven't noticed any fingerprints on the sink ... but there are water spots (inside and on the rim). But of course, those just wipe right up with a sponge (when I'm so inclined, ha ha!) I'm not a belt-wearer but my husband is, but we also haven't noticed any scratching on the outside of the sink.

I just went and double-checked: no fingerprints, no scratches. There are some scratches on the bottom of the (interior of) the sink and, as I wrote, water spots, but other than that, nothing. And I only noticed the scratches because I was just now really looking for blemishes.

The sink is Bates and Bates Farmhouse 12 Gauge Satin Stainless Sink.

• gglks
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rmkitchens....thanks for jumping around to answer my questions!!! i REALLY love your kitchen and hope that mine turns out to look half as good as yours!!!

• matt_lavello-sinks_com
    15 years ago

Here are a couple of photos. These are customer photos of installed Lavello stainless steel farmhouse sinks.

http://www.lavello-sinks.com/gallery-of-installed-sinks.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Installed Lavello Farmhouse Sinks