Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenswrens

Sink and range on one wall - photos anyone?

jenswrens
13 years ago

Does anyone have photos to share of kitchens where the sink and range are located along the same wall? I have only one inspiration pic, and I don't even remember whose kitchen it is. (It's of a cream-colored Lacanche.)

I'd love to see more photos of kitchens laid out like this, if anyone has some to share.

Thanks!

Comments (15)

• malhgold
    13 years ago

Tried to give you a couple of different angles:

• beachbum
    13 years ago

My current kitchen is set up that way. I like it quite a bit. I don't have a big amount of space in between the two, there is a double trash pull out and a small drawer stack. I do most of my prep and real work on the large island which is behind.

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Here are a few...
    ~boxerpups

google image

Kitchen Designer

Sotheby

Cabinet Solutions

Erik Schjeide Custom Wood

Kitchen Backsplash

South Point

Laminate

Arrigoni

Kitchen Lab Chicago

William Hefner Open Kitchen Concealed

• plllog
    13 years ago

Nothing beats Boxerpups's pictures, so I'll just add that I love having my big sink right by the stove. I have 28-30" between.

• marcy96
    13 years ago

beachbum, your kitchen is gorgeous! I love the cabinet colors and your layout.

• annettacm
    13 years ago

This worked great for us in our last house:

• gryane
    13 years ago

I don't have any photos to share, but I did have this type of layout in my last kitchen and loved it. I am rebuilding my house right now and am going to do the same type of layout again.

• jsweenc
    13 years ago

I'll share mine though it doesn't give a different visual than boxerpup's great pics. (That Chicago Lab kitchen was in one of the Houzz ideabooks today... I think the one on pendants that segbrown posted about.)

If I didn't have the prep sink right behind the range, I'd want to switch my sink and DW and move them to the right a little.

• beachbum
    13 years ago

Thanks Marcy96. I really love it too. :) But now that we are moving I wish I would have gone with something a bit more geared to resell. HA HA.

• blueberryisland
    13 years ago

Jenswrens - I apologize for going off topic, but I had a question I want to ask you and was searching for you! I love the way you designed your Minnesota kitchen - you fit so much so well in a small area - it is lovely. One practical question - I am going to place my range at the end of a counter run, next to a door leading to the dining room. You had a similiar situation, and had a 6" counter between the range and doorway. Did you find that to be enough, or did you wish you had a little more? (other side is not long, just as you had). Thank you!

• jenswrens
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi blueberryisland,

Thank you! I loved my MN kitchen - everything was so efficient! I really miss that kitchen. I found that the space to the right of the stove was sufficient because I never really put anything there anyway, other than resting a spoon there or setting down a jar of spice or oil or something. It would even hold a dinner plate fine temporarily as I'd slide something out of the pan and onto the plate and then move right into the DR (as I said - super efficient layout!). The counter next to the fridge was close enough to the range that it often acted as a staging area when I needed it (i.e., take stuff out of fridge, land them on adjacent counter, move directly over to stove, etc, or used as a plating area for more than one plate).

It also was plenty of buffer between the range and doorway - never had an issue worrying about safety, etc. If you have the room, sure, a little wider would probably be better, but I didn't have an inch to spare. And honestly, I never once noticed any deficiency with that little counter, and I really liked the angled shallow cab beneath it. Here's a pic showing a casserole dish and a full-size Pyrex mixing bowl sitting there - plenty of room. Good luck with your new kitchen!

Here is a link that might be useful: Minnesota Kitchen

• kathec
    13 years ago

Great pictures! More for the inspiration file.

I have this same configuration. Similar to BeachBum's, whose kitchen I've never seen before.

Thanks for posting!
    Kathe

• theresse
    13 years ago

Boxerpups - you are so great!

• blueberryisland
    13 years ago

Thank you for such a thorough answer, Jenswrens - very helpful! I saw your kitchen on FKB, so had looked through every photo in that album! I may be able to go to 9" for the counter to the right of the range, but that is max -- I am watching every inch too. No matter what, I am going to use your idea of angling the counter there - it was a great idea.