Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet Gurus - Anyone recognize this?

Posted by glitter_and_guns (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 16:04

I just found the cabinet color that I NEED! It is a great mix between grey and brown, which will solve a world of problems for me. Does this look familiar to anyone? Or have you seen something similar? Is it a stain? or a multi step stain? or a cabinet that I can buy somewhere? I don't even know what color to call it.

Thank you so much for any help in sending me the right direction!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet Gurus - Anyone recognize this?

Omega Riverbed?

On Red Birch

Walnut

Oak

Cherry

o

I'm definitely not a guru, but this week I changed the stain for my island and hood. I had chosen a black stain on maple, it was a lovely and beloved weathered gray but entirely too cool for my sapele floors (which are reddish, like cherry and mahogany). So my GC brought over a piece that is warmer, it is labeled TAWS 1887 (expresso) mid-continent. On top there is a cape cod gray glaze, which cools it down further. It looks similar to the walnut posted by greendesigns.
I don't think you have to worry, I'm sure many cabinet lines and any custom manufacturer can get you the right color. Maple is hard and doesn't take stain evenly (like in the picture you posted), I love it, but some people don't.
Here are my white cabs, the gray maple, and granite with my dogs (on my floors).
 photo dogsandsamples_zps15f118ae.jpeg
Here is the new sample shot, sorry the floors and dogs aren't included but you can see the gray vs. the new "expresso" (sic) sample. It looks much better with the floors IRL (but pulls more warmth from the granite, which I didn't necessarily want).
 photo samples_zpsc6101c9e.jpg

o

Here is a better view of my stained wood, the flash highlights the gray glaze, it isn't actually so intense.
 photo wood_zps2700f0d0.jpeg

o

I have stained maple in "Thunder" by KitchenCraft (canada) and they look very similar. Love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here