Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
young_gardener54

Who offers 30" deep base cabinets?

young-gardener
9 years ago

Do you know of any companies that offer 30" deep base cabinets? Obviously, custom cabinet makers will, but does anyone else?

Comments (15)

• friedajune
    9 years ago

I don't have the answer to your question, but wanted to suggest you use standard depth base cabinets and pull them away from the wall by about 3". That way you will have the benefits of a deeper countertop without the added cost of deep non-standard base cabinets. Your counters' depth would be 24" + 3" + approx. 1-1/2" of overhang. You will also need to order upper cabinets that are 3" deeper.

• ontariomom
    9 years ago

We are also getting some 30 inch and one 32 inch base cabinet from Scherr's which is also a RTA cabinet company. The extra charge was not that much.

Carol

• young-gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

akchicago,- Thank you for the tip! That's what the kitchen planner with Cliq suggested, too. But, I'm in it more for the cabinet space than the counters. She said no one makes 30" deep cabinets, so I decided to scout around and find out if that really was the case We want to do 15" deep uppers, though we only have a couple of those. It's a narrow room, so we don't want to go deep unless we're really gaining something, you know?

neitsdelf and OntarioMom - Thank you for the details! Were you happy with your RTA's? We've left that option open, so it's good to hear they can make the size we need. We were leaning toward Cliq for the inset doors, really. We both prefer that to full overlay. But, if the sizes aren't going to work out...

• ontariomom
    9 years ago

We have been very impressed with the customer service offered by Scherr's. and their willingness to customize anything we want. However, we have not signed off yet on our cabinet order with them, so of course have not received the RTA cabinets. GW does rate Scherr's highly based on past members who have done their kitchen's with Scherr's.

I do think the inset cabinets are lovely. Scherr's is frameless.

Carol

• mdln
    9 years ago

Modified sizes on my inset Shiloh cabinets - and was surprised how little the charge was.

• scrappy25
    9 years ago

If you get deeper base cabinets make sure you also get the deeper drawer glides otherwise you will not get any extra space in the drawers.

• neitsdelf
    9 years ago

Our Barker cabinets are expected in a few weeks. But the samples were excellent, as are the reviews on this site.

Attached is some interesting info Chad Barker sent me about how drawer depths increase as cabinet depths increase. Drawer depths increase in 3" increments, while cabinet depths can be ordered in 1" increments. But you do get deeper drawers.

Andy.

• young-gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OntarioMom- Thanks for the preliminary feedback on Scherrs. I'm looking forward to seeing your cabinets!

mdln- Will check out Shiloh. Thank you! We'd really love to have inset if we can swing it.

scrappy25- That hadn't even crossed my mind. THANK YOU!

neitsdelf- That most certainly is interesting. I'm going to save it for reference. Thank you very much! We love that Barker is a US company through and through, and I love that their product is green. Definitely worth considering!

• Rae Daily
    4 years ago

Anyone know a place that will make 30 inch deep cabinets AND paint them Benjamin Moore Cabernet (purple)? I have decided the only solution to the fact that I can't STAND white, gray or beige kitchens is purple cabinets. ;D But I think it would be better for them to be painted by those spray machines instead of some painter in my kitchen.

• chispa
    4 years ago

Rae, don’t know the answer to your question but thought you might like to see the purple kitchen I had saved in my ideabooks!

Purple Passion · More Info

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    4 years ago

I know that my cabinet make could make deeper cabinets, and paint them any color I chose. He wasn't expensive to use, either.

• Rae Daily
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I suppose it might be cheaper to have them custom made than to try to find them ready made. After all, with custom cabinets, the maker isn't going to any more trouble...just a slight increase in the amount of material. I will attach a kitchen/dining area that is more like what I'm thinking. Purple is beautiful. :)

• Gage Fontana
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

The increase in cost is more than just slight. Materials come in 96"x48" sheets. If you get 24" depth cabinets, the can get more pieces per sheet. If you increase you size to 30", there is more wasted material and the cost of material can almost

• Fori
    3 years ago

Actually the sheet of plywood does 30" lowers and 18" uppers quite nicely with less waste. My cabinet guy does not charge extra for that because he claims it doesn't take more material. He certainly charges more for those 30" heavy drawer slides though!