Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julize_gw

Show me your white cabinets with *tile* floors

julize
12 years ago

Lately it seems like almost all the kitchen pictures I see here have hardwood floors. Is anyone doing tile anymore? If you did a tile floor with white or off-white cabs, would love to see a picture.

Thanks!

Comments (26)

• willtv
    12 years ago

Here's mine.

• BlueKitten
    12 years ago

Willtv, I love your floors. Great choice!

• petra66_gw
    12 years ago

These are mine:

• Dean_I
    12 years ago

Here's some pics of our newly finished kitchen. White cabs with tiled floor.

• pupwhipped
    12 years ago

You mentioned off white cabinets....mine are more like off, off, off white, but here ya go. I probably would have gone with wood floors in my kitchen renovation, but there was no way we thought we could match the original pine floors from 1952. I like my tiles but have to tell you that tiles are very hard on the knees, hips and back. Wood is much more kind to your joints, but there is bit more upkeep and worry with them. Drop a can of peas and you got a dent.

• pupwhipped
    12 years ago

Dean 1, your granite made me swoon once before....and it's doing it again. WOW!

• ice1
    12 years ago

Here is mine Glossy white and Kashmir white granite on counters and floors

• VickieHallmark
    12 years ago

The floor tile is the one thing from my old kitchen that stayed:

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

I loves all the tile floors! I really appreciate the pictures being shared since I decided that was what I was going to go for when I had time to choose tiles since I have a few little dogs that go in and out of the sliding door in the kitchen and bring in snow and wet feet.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

DH really liked the blue tile floors when he bought the house. So, we've obviously gone with it! Lynn, I agree, tile is very pet-friendly. The PO's had dogs and cats. OTOH, whoever installed the tile used *white* grout, but it cleans up very well with a steam cleaning and sealing from Stanley Steemer.

• willtv
    12 years ago

bluekitten, Thanks. Aside from the Bluestar, the floors may be my favorite part of the reno.

Dean_I, Your fantastic kitchen belongs in Architectural Digest.

• lagrant
    12 years ago

I have white cabinets and went with honed large format travertine tile. I've had it for 2+ years and could NOT be happier! HTH!!

• julize
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much, everyone. We're in the process of making a final decision between tile/hardwood and this is really helpful. Some beautiful kitchens here--please keep them coming!

• NewSouthernBelle
    12 years ago

Julize -
    It's funny that you posted / asked about people doing tile. I plan to do white cabinets and large tile (18x18, 20x20 or maybe even the 12x24 tile) but yes, the majority of kitchens you see here and in magazine have hardwoods. When I showed pictures of my "likes" to my KD, she said something to the affect of "all of those have hardwoods but you want to do tile"? I said yes, b/c that's all you can find in magazines right now.

Right now, I have two samples from Daltile that I love - one is grey and the other is brownish (reminds me of leather). I can't think of the actually names off hand though. Sorry.

• katsmah
    12 years ago

Here's my white cabinets and porcelain tile floor. I have different wood floors in the rooms on either side of the kitchen, the tile works well with both.

• theanimala
    12 years ago

Not the best angle to show it, but grey 24"x12" tile against white cabinets (espresso island).

• cplover
    12 years ago

theanimala- I still love your kitchen!!! Can I see a photo of your main sink. Sorry to hijack

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

here are a few.
    ~boxerpups

• honeychurch
    12 years ago

Only picture I have is in my blog and unfortunately the kitchen isn't finished, but you can get the idea. Our tile has turned into one of our favorte things about the new kitchen!

Good Luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: cabs and floor

• theanimala
    12 years ago

Thanks Newberemodeler, it's been a while since I've been on here, miss this site a lot. Here's two pics of the sink.

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

animala,

LOVE your kitchen. Truy, yours has been an inspiration
    for my own space.

~boxerpups

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

I love all these beautiful kitchens! I am going to be painting my kitchen cabinets are getting them refaced as well as installing the new 18 X 18 tiles I bought. I want to thank all of you for sharing with me your beautiful kitchens with white cabinets and tile floors to give me ideas.

• greenhousems
    12 years ago

theanimala.... your kitchen is truly a work of art.... gorgeous.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

I agree that theanimala's kitchen is truly a work of art and is absolutely gorgeous! Love the large tiles, love the backsplash, love the cabinets, love the recessed lighting, stainless steel unique sink, crown molding on the cabinets, and love everything else about his fabulous designed kitchen! Thanks for sharing.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Gsciencechick, I love the creamy off-white grout that goes so well with your cabinets. I love the blue tiles and the blue refrigerator! I love the white and blue theme! I forgot what paint color you used on your cabinets, could you refresh my memory since I am finally at the stage that I want to paint my cabinets or get new doors.