Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
faucet flow rates

Posted by compumom (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 15:37

I'm looking for a pulldown faucet to replace an older Kohler. I'm intrigued by the SENSATE faucet, but not excited by California's 1.8 mandated flow rate. Many faucets are still available in 2.2. The salesman says the lower flow is compensated by aerating the stream.

Is this true? What's your experience?
Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: faucet flow rates

Are you doing a remodel? The CalGREEN code for 1.8 gpm only applies to newly-constructed buildings. I think everyone else is subject to the 2010 California Plumbing Code 402.1.2 which specifies 2.2 gpm.

Your local code may be more strict though.

o

No, not new construction. I'm in L.A., but I thought that the Sensate was only available in the 1.8.

The salesman at Fergusson told me that that's what they were selling. I guess I could buy one from out of state online.

o

The standard model works at 1.8 gpm flow rate. There is an optional accessory you can buy which increases the flow rate to 2.2 gpm.

o

Aha! Thank you, I saw it listed, but it appeared grayed out. I assumed that meant that it was unavailable for that faucet. Where did you see the option? Was it from a vendor?

o

I saw it on the Kohler spec sheet. You might want to call Kohler directly to order the high flow kit & make sure it is compatible.

Kohler Spec Sheet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here