Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

Show me your 4-drawer cab stacks, please

lisa_a
9 years ago

Please show me your 4-drawer cabs, tell me what configuration you chose (6-6-6-12 or 6-8-8-8 or ?) and why, and what you store in them.

TIA!

Comments (10)

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

Mine is 18" wide. Top drawer is gadgets; second drawer is bags and wraps; third is dish towels; bottom has a dish pan in it, where I keep potatoes.

• suzanne_sl
    9 years ago

I have one 4-drawer stack of ~6-6-6-10. The top drawer has pens, pencils, phone charger, etc. The next one down has baggies, wax paper, and such. The third one could be roughly called "BBQ" stuff. It has BBQ tongs, skewers, instant thermometer, and for some reason that's where the drinking straws are. The deepest drawer has pie making stuff: rolling pin and silicon sheet, pie plates, etc.

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you! The info and pics are very helpful!

Hoping to hear from more of you.

• pnewf
    9 years ago

suzannes, what are the dimensions of the stacks next to the 6-6-6-10 stack? Love your cabinets!

• brightm
    9 years ago

Here's mine:

Nothing in it yet. My heights should be the same as Suzanne's (both Innermost). Mine is 21" base and the usable drawer width is 17 7/8". The drawer boxes are just below 3" and just below 6" and the usable height looks to be just below 5" and just below 8".

Here's a thread where she answered a bunch of questions that helped me (I guess I didn't have to measure what I measured. :)

ETA: The usable width of 24"w base drawers is 20 7/8"

Here is a link that might be useful: Innermost thread

This post was edited by cal_quail on Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 18:41

• taggie
    9 years ago

Main one in the cooking aisle is 33" wide and 6/6/6/12. Holds dinner cutlery (since I plate our meals at the stove), spatulas and various other cooking doodads, pans, pots:

The ones at our coffee station are a 36" stack on the rhs with extra set of cutlery for DH to do his coffee, cereal, etc, DH junk drawer, and then various somewhat more organized stuff below (string, elastic bands, clips, and the like) and then I use the bottom one for occasional-use serving bowls.

The stack on the lhs is only 12" wide and is 6/9/7.5/7.5. I wanted it to line up with the sink drawer to the right (hence 6" top drawer) and fridge drawers to the left (hence 9" second drawer). The 9" turned out to be one of my favorite drawers in the kitchen. It's deep enough to hold hubby's medicine and vitamin bottles which used to be a mess on our old desk that drove me batty. For some reason he lacks that thing in most people's brains that says to put the lid back on bottles after you use them. :-) Anyway, now I can just shut the drawer and marital harmony plus my sanity reigns on, lol.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I have one stack on each side of my stove--6,6,6,10. Top drawers are gadgets, silverware, and knives. Next drawer is Tupperware and wraps. Third and bottom are pots and pans and all my glass casseroles and baking pans. I only have one 3 drawer stack, 16" wide. Top is spices, middle is bread, cereal, and snacks, bottom is a crock pot.

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, taggie, may_flowers and cal_quail, for posting pics and info. This is all very helpful!

• dcward89
    9 years ago

I have 2 4-drawer stacks on the sink run. One is 21" wide and the other is 25.5" wide. They both have a smaller top drawer and the other 3 are the same...I can't remember exactly what those depths are. Mine hold silverware, knives, tons of gadgets, dish cloths/towels, plastic bags/wraps, pie/cake plates, small corning ware casseroles and a junk drawer for my DH for all of his miscellaneous stuff that used to end up on the dining room table.

Not the best pic while we were still working on the kitchen but you get the idea I think.

• quadesl
    9 years ago

We have all 7 inch top drawers and have all three drawer stacks except for one four stack of all 7 inch drawers. The drawer boxes in that stack are 14 inches wide and contain from top to bottom: dish towels, pot holders, boxes of various teas // spices // spices // paper products, plates, napkins.

This post was edited by Quadesl on Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 16:14