Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicoleny

Drawer dividers & Hardwaretree.com?

Nicole
11 years ago

Has anyone had any experience ordering from hardwaretree.com? I just found that they have the same dividers that many have gotten from LeeValley.com, only they're a bit cheaper from this other site. I took a chance, and just ordered 8 sets of 10. The shipping cost is the same between the two sites, but Hardwaretree charges $3.50 per set of 10 and Lee Valley charges $4.30 or $3.65 if you order more than 10 sets. Was just curious though if anyone else has had any experience with this site--it's always a little nerve wracking to buy something from an unknown place online.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drawer Dividers

Comments (10)

• User
    11 years ago

Haven't heard of them, but I was planning on buying some of those drawer dividers. Please post back and give a review when you get yours.

• Nicole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I will definitely update here. The order confirmation email I received says they normally ship same day or within 24 hours.

• andreak100
    11 years ago

Does anyone know how deep the barbs go into the wood with these or the Lee Valley ones? Has anyone taken them out later (perhaps to reconfigure) - how big are the holes it leaves beind?

• Nicole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Andrea: Based on what it looks like, I don't think the barbs go in more than 1/4" or so (the channel for the divider is 1/4" wide too for comparison). If you're worried about holes, I've read on here that others have used the same material for dividers to "line" the inside walls of their drawers (like making frame) so then the barbs are pounded into that rather than their actual drawers. I probably explained that as clear as mud, huh? LOL

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

What I read when I searched, was that many were attaching them to the wood strips that were also used as the dividers. IOW, they kind of line the drawer with the same wood strips. Since those are 1/4", I'm figuring they don't go much or deeper than that at all.

I think this is a good idea, so I can change them if I want without ruining my drawers.

Gotta add this to my project list. Bought the Lee Valley months ago.

Hmmm.... wonder what "safe" place I put them in to wait for me?

• Nicole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

CEFreeman--I'll tell you your safe place if you tell me where the safe place I put the alphabet cards that I took off my son's walls is? LOL

• User
    11 years ago

Nicole6, what can I trade you to tell me the safe place for my wedding ring?

• Nicole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry Marti--I could tell you where to find your ring with my super powers, but then I'd have to kill you. LOL.

Just an update, I received my drawer dividers today. They didn't send a shipping notice via email at all, but a priority mail box was with my 80 dividers was sitting in my mailbox this afternoon. So, very very quick service, IMO. I ordered Sunday and received them on Thursday! They look to be identical to what Lee Valley is selling.

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

marti - if your safe place is in my house, your sunk. you'll never find it. Neither will I.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz