Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dennisforman

Anyone have any experience with Ruvati kitchen sink brand?

dennisforman
11 years ago

I am looking for a single bowl tight radius kitchen sink for my remodel and I came across the Ruvati RVH7400 model. The specs look good. Its 16 gauge stainless steel, with sound guard and comes with bottom grids. Main Faucet has it for $302 with free shipping and customers have rated the sink well. I am just not familiar with the Ruvati brand. If anyone has any experience with Ruvati sinks, please let me know what you think about it.

Comments (17)

• faye1906
    10 years ago

I am also curious if anyone has experience with it.

• Peke
    10 years ago

I have the RVH 8300. I love it because it has so much room. Cleaning is easy too. It came with a colander, bottom grid, and cutting board. They cost around $400.00 including shipping. They are very heavy. They are enclosed in a soft fabric bag then packed in thick Styrofoam. One of my sinks had a black mark on it that wouldn't come out. We hadn't even taken it out of the box yet. I emailed Main Faucet and they replaced it. Good thing I have the habit of saving boxes.

• Linda
    10 years ago

I have the Ruvati 8300 and HATE IT! It is the one thing I have not liked about the kitchen. Although I love the size/depth of the sink, and all of the accessories, I find it very difficult to clean. The stainless steel has stained, and the sides always look water-spotted. It is difficult and time consuming to rinse every single crumb down the drain from the large, almost flat bottom, and the corners/edges of the zero radius sink are an extra cleaning hassle, requiring a toothpick or sharp edge to get out the gunk from time to time. DH left a tea bag in the bottom overnight, and it is hopeless marked. Plus, I seem to have several scratches or a patina, in spite of always using the grid. I wish I would have ordered something else!

• hunchtight
    10 years ago

@legallin. Is this your first square bowl or zero radius sink? Unlike curved shallow sinks, deep square bowl sinks need to be sprayed down after use to wash off any solid waste into the drain. Because the bottom is flat (with a slight angle) not all the water and dirt drains freely. Stainless steel in general does take a lot of stains. The "stainless" part is misleading. By stainless, it actually means it does not rust. And your sink will get a lot of scratches. That's just how stainless steel is. The first few ones, you will really notice because your sink is still shiny and new. But over time the scratches blend into one another to give an even look. A lot of us on GW use Barkeeper's Friend. You can find it at Home Depot. If you scrub your sink once every week or month, it will remove most of the stains (like the one's from your DH's teabag... which should have been in the trash and not in the sink!) and give your sink a nice shine. Some of the reasons that you mentioned you hate your Ruvati sink for are also the reasons why many switch to granite sinks (which have their own pros and cons as well). But in general, if you follow some basic care guides, stainless steel sinks are quite hardy and last a long time.

• feisty68
    10 years ago

I have this:

Ruvati RVM4130
    Ruvati Undermount 16 Gauge 25" Kitchen Sink Single Bowl

It's temporarily installed as a drop-in on temporary counters. I am really happy with it! We squeezed it into a 24" cabinet. The strainer basket and rinse grid are great. I wish the logo wasn't visible but it's pretty unobtrusive. The drain is set back allowing me more space under my sink for trash, etc.

My sink has very rounded corners. I knew zero/tight radius sinks weren't for me. Regarding the stainless finish - it seems fine to me but I am happy with a clean sink and don't care if it's polished.

Great quality for the price. I was nervous about ordering it because I hadn't seen many reviews.

• hunchtight
    10 years ago

@OldTimeCarpenter1. Thanks for the details. That does explain a lot: why a lot of these sinks, the prices went up over the last year or so. But I am not sure what Ruvati sinks you are referring to that are priced above $500. Most of the Ruvati sinks on Overstock and Amazon are in the $200-$300 range. The sink I have, RVH8300, is currently selling for $507 on Overstock but that's their top of the line. it includes a whole bunch of accessories including cutting board and a colander. The comparable sink from Kohler is double the price and doesn't include any accessories. Also, when you are comparing, you have to make sure you look at the gauge. Often times, a lot of the big name brands such as Elkay offer their sinks in 18 or 20 gauge, which is much thinner and sub par in quality. If you care about quality and durability you should always go with 16 gauge steel. Bigger brands spend a lot on advertisement and branding, and they make up for it by cutting corners in quality.

• Deb Devine
    3 years ago

I bought a Ruvati under mount for my laundry room. I heard they were a good brand. I also bought a Lordear under mount with a ledge for the kitchen. The stainless that the Ruvati is made out of has stained already. Only been using since November for rinsing things off. I have tried bar keepers friend, both kinds. Nothing is working.
    The Lordear is shiny and bright. No stains. Easy to keep clean. Just wipe!
    Very disappointing. Will never buy another.

• Kelly Steele
    2 years ago

I bought one as well and it looks gorgeous in my new kitchen. However its horrible with water stains all the time. I'm stuck with this awful sink i wish I never bought it!

• Charles Marino
    last year

The sink is great but I have tried two basket strainers and they leak because the plastic ring to tighten it keeps coming lose. Any ideas?

• HU-26369116
    9 months ago

We bought the kitchen sink and faucet set. Now a year after installing we have a leaky hose near the pull-down sprayer. I removed the hose and took it to Lowe's (where we bought it last year) and Home Depot. Neither could find a replacement hose. I call around a few local plumbing supply stores and they recommended contacting Ruvati company in Texas to get the part number. I had to open a warranty ticket to find out they have no replacement hoses and they do not have any information on parts. Sink, faucets and accessories look good, but with the time I've sunk into trying to find a simple part, I wouldn't recommend anything of theirs. Stay with a company that sells replacement parts for what they sell.

• klc1234
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

My Ruvati sink started to rust after 3 months of light use.

• Carrie H
    9 months ago

We looked at the Ruvati, and went with a Kraus Kore workstation stainless steel sink, and I love it. The drain is on the right side so I have more storage underneath on the left. I am familiar with stainless sinks and it functions how I’d expect it to. I do have to chase a few crumbs at the end of washing up at night with the hose, but it’s easy enough to lift up the grate and wipe down quickly with a scrub sponge if needed. No unexpected marks or anything so far. I ‘d recommend it as a comp to the one you’re looking at.

• HU-800175604
    8 months ago

Our 1 year old Ducati under mount started staining within the first 2 months in spite of thoroughly rinsing and having the racks in the bottom to protect it. Scrubbing with soap and water doesn't help, and I'm thinking having a dead flat bottom might be the cause since water can't drain as good as other brands like my old one that never stained, and it had a slightly dished design so it dried quickly on its own.

• Lila S
    8 months ago

I clean mine with bleach once a week, and all stains will be gone in a second.

• anna_682
    8 months ago

I hate my Ruvati workstation sink. It looks great but always has watermarks on the sides, gunk quickly accumulates in the sharp corners, and I have to rinse, rinse, rinse to get specs of food down the drain. I read many stellar reviews prior to purchasing it and my experience is the exact opposite.

• HU-212190807
    3 months ago

Hate it, the flat square design prevents food from draining down and food constantly sticks to the bottom of the sink. The sink looks great but does not perform as it should. I would not recommend to anyone.