Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about sink grids

Posted by mapletex (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 15:19

Does anyone know of a vertical piece you could attach to a sink grid to hang a dishcloth? I went from a double sink to a single bowl undermount. I used to hang the dishcloth over the partition between the two bowls, but now there is nowhere to put it.

I was wondering if you could buy a small rack to hang the dishcloth and snap it onto the sink grid using the plastic clips that come with the grid.

Does such a thing even exist?

My sink is from ESI, and I got the grid from them as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about sink grids

I use the same setup as fouramblues in the thread linked below. Scroll down almost to the bottom (there's a photo).

It's a bar pull, with rare earth magnets screwed into the ends, and another set of RE magnets on the outside of the sink.

I used to hang my dishcloth over the faucet, but my new faucet doesn't lend itself to that - and I don't want to see it. The bar pull allows the cloth to dry a lot better than it would draped over the sink divide.

Here is a link that might be useful: bar pull cloth holder

o

annkh What material is your sink made of? Does it have to be stainless for that to work? Obviously doesn't need to be stainless for magneticness, just thinking Silgranit seems so thick.

o

I've not seen anything like that, mapeltex. I have a divided sink, but still don't like having it over the divider. I hang mine over the edge of an Ikea colander when using it, then straight to the laundry at the end of the night.

o

My sink is stainless; I don't know if it would work on Siligranit.

o

Thanks everyone. That is a great idea. I
do toss the cloth in the laundry at the end of the day, but this would work for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here