Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clark 32" Undermount 18 gauge T304 Sink from Costco: Only $170?

Posted by mkoplmn (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 15:18

Is anyone familiar with this sink?

It's on sale for only $170. I wonder if I should return the Kraus that I just ordered...

http://www.costco.com/Clark�-Stainless-Steel-Extra-Large-Single-Bowl-Sink.product.100104017.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clark 32" Undermount 18 gauge T304 Sink from Costco: Only $17

mkoplmn:

The Kraus is 16 gauge instead of the Clark's 18 and they're both 304 stainless. You get what you pay for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus

o

That's an excellent price and Consumer Reports says that 18 gauge is just fine, but.... Considering how long a sink is going to stay installed, I'd rather have the 16 gauge. The Kraus sinks generally come with a grid in the bottom too, which I love. If I were making this decision today, I'd still pay the extra for the Kraus - this from someone who did not go high-end on appliances, pretty much plain jane.

o

We chose the Kraus KBU14 31inch undermount sink for our kitchen remodel. We had it installed in October of 2013. So far I am VERY happy with my choice.

The 16 gauge is sturdy, quiet, easy to maintain. I especially like that it came with a custom fit stainless steel grid for the bottom, that has protected the sink very well from any dish or cutlery mishap. I love it, perfect size and depth. You can wash just about anything in it! I really can't say anything negative about it.

My Mother has the Kraus KBU12 in her kitchen since 2012 and she loves it.

I bought mine from Amazon in September 2013 for $351. (at the time that was a good price) Now it is even more reasonably priced.

I would spend the extra money and go for the Kraus. Down the road you'll be happy you did.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus KBU14 on Amazon

o

We chose the Kraus KBU14 31inch undermount sink for our kitchen remodel. We had it installed in October of 2013. So far I am VERY happy with my choice.

The 16 gauge is sturdy, quiet, easy to maintain. I especially like that it came with a custom fit stainless steel grid for the bottom, that has protected the sink very well from any dish or cutlery mishap. I love it, perfect size and depth. You can wash just about anything in it! I really can't say anything negative about it.

My Mother has the Kraus KBU12 in her kitchen since 2012 and she loves it.

I bought mine from Amazon in September 2013 for $351. (at the time that was a good price) Now it is even more reasonably priced.

I would spend the extra money and go for the Kraus. Down the road you'll be happy you did.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus KBU14 on Amazon

o

See thread below, including discussion of chromium/nickel

Here is a link that might be useful: 16 vs 18 gauge

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here