Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does your fabricator require visual inspection of the range?

Posted by thedork (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 15:08

I need to order the appliances then in advance and the range to be in the house somewhere so they can inspect before cutting? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does your fabricator require visual inspection of the range?

I needed to have the appliances on site for templating.

o

Got it! Thank you! I have an in house delivery so I wanted them to be in the house not the garage - my space is small but I guess I need to figure something out.

o

Really? My fabricator just needed the sink. They didn't look at anything else when they did the template.

o

I needed to have my rangetop and sinks onsite for templating. They all happened to be in the house at the time. The templater looked at n measured the rangetop and took the sink with him back to the shop when he left.

o

My fabricator wanted the same thing as breezy's. Everything needed to be on site, and he took the sinks back to his shop.

Laura

o

Having the range on site is a very good idea - you'll get a much better fit with the counter.

o

Thank you all! I will schedule the delivery before counter install.

o

No no! Appliances should be onsite before the template not the install! The install is too late to account for any individual size differences that the manufacturer "forgot" to put into their documentation.

o

Yes, the template - thank you!

o

I had my appliances, sink and faucet all here before the template - that way if there are issues later on, the fabricator cannot use the excuse that he did not have everything there and had to go by "spec."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here