Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of knobs and pulls?

Posted by renov8r (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 19, 13 at 15:03

My new kitchen will be off white and soft aqua-blue cupboards with dark counters. We are looking at having a hicks pendant over the sink. We are thinking about accessories. Do you think black, antique brass or oil rubbed bronze door pulls would look good in our century home? Our door knobs in the rest of the house are oil rubbed bronze. What kind of faucet with a white farm sink? I really don't want to do chrome or nickel. Here is a photo with the shade of blue we are thinking of. I want to keep the vintage feel to the kitchen.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of knobs and pulls?

Not sure but does anyone know the color of the cabs? They are pretty!

o

Not yet, I just have my floor plan completed. Now I have to try to put together my thoughts on everything else. I do like this colour, with off white uppers, and a black toned counter.

o

Renov8r, I'm also planning on neutral-ish aqua cabinets. I tried lots of colors, and landed on BM Palladian Blue. Just thought it might be handy to have a place to start :) And good luck!

o

If you're going for a really traditional look, then some sort of brass, like antiqued, would be great. Also, the yellowish tone of brass would be nice with the bluish cabs.

But I think you should rethink rejecting chrome for the faucet. Chrome is a very traditional faucet finish. Remember sayde's traditional kitchen? Brass hardware, chrome faucet, white farm sink. It works.

Here is a link that might be useful: sayde's reveal pictures

o

I think an antique brass would be lovely for your knobs and pulls. I also love a chrome faucet but I think brass would look great also.

o

I will check out palladian blue, thanks for the suggestion. I am glad antique brass got the go ahead from you people, but still not sure about the chrome faucet with brass. I had a look at sayde's kitchen.
Anyone prefer the oil rubbed bronze or black?

o

I think in a kitchen that has a rather light, airy appearance orb or black would not fit well. My opinion only.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here