Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tell me about dark brown countertop options

Posted by swfr (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 15:00

Granite, quartz, whatever... I just would like to know where to begin looking for dark brown counter materials.

I've looked at marron cohiba/antique brown but it appears kind of black. I've also looked at raven caesarstone, but I can't get a sense of what tones it has in it. I'm really in the very beginning stages so anything you have to offer (pictures, advice, websites, etc) will help.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tell me about dark brown countertop options

We have Cambia quartz color oakhampton on the bathroom vanity.It is dark brown. I can post a picture later.

o

Walnut countertops are really lovely.

o

Thanks!!
Walnut are exactly the color I'm looking for-- they are my inspiration-- but I want the durability of a quartz or granite type counter.

I love the oakhampton, robinle. I also found that caesarstone has something similar called espresso.

o

My friend just did her perimeter counters in a quartzite/granite called Bronzo. It looks like leather and is beautiful.

o

How funny that you ask, Swfr. No first-hand knowledge here, unfortunately. I threw together a board for the Design Around This thread just a while ago and gave up trying to find just a picture of a very dark, coolish brown, matte finish counter. Would have saved time if I'd found your post first. I sort of fell in love with the idea of this color for a wood kitchen because I like the look of counters blending with the cabinets below.

o

Chocolate Brown is a beautiful granite. I am not sure if it goes by any other names. I was not able to find it when we were planning our kitchen and I ended up with the Maron Cohiba leathered.

The link below has the old gardenweb thread with that gorgeous milk chocolate color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chocolate Brown Granite

o

omg, that chocolate brown leathered in that old link is GOR-geous!
ok, back to researching range hoods...........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here