Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsjoe_gw

Korner King

mrsjoe
11 years ago

Does anyone actually have the Korner King? I found it online and have seen it mentioned here in a couple discussions about cabinet corners, but didn't see that anyone had actually gone with it. I've fallen in love with the idea of it, as it seems to offer both the ease of drawers with the storage space of Lazy Susans, but I wanted to check how it worked in practice. I also like that the price is only $299 for the 2-shelf in Maple which is waaaay cheaper than a lot of the corner Rev-A-Shelf solutions and about the same as some wood lazy susans.

Also, if anyone is familiar with it - looking at the website it seems that because of the size of the drawers your corner cabinet would have to be at least 36", so I would have to change my layout from my possible 33" to a 36" to make work. Has anyone put it in anything smaller? I'm amazed how no cabinet companies seem to give the full dimensions on their corner cabinets, so I'm trying to guess here without having a cabinet to use for reference. (Obviously, I would get my actual dimensions from my cabinet guy before ordering).

Comments (35)

• andreak100
    11 years ago

mrsjoe - I keep hoping to come across someone who actually has one in use. I'm thinking of the one for the upper cabinet rather than the lower. It seems like such a good idea and I can't figure out why more people aren't getting them on here...is is just that no one wants to be a guinea pig?

I hope someone pipes up that has one or knows someone who has one.

• marcolo
    11 years ago

a 36" corner cabinet is pretty typical for a cab you want to be useful. This gives you 12" along the inside of each cabinet run for access.

Why not call the company and see if they can give you references? Obviously they'll only give you positive reviews but maybe you can sniff out how well it actually works. The idea seems fantastic.

• rmtdoug
    11 years ago

Thanks for the head's up. I probably never would have found this. They seem well built and use quality hardware. They even offer DIY options, so that tells me they are confident the design is simple and works well under conditions they can't fully control.

• deedles
    11 years ago

Which configuration did you order? I'll be interested in how you like it and I'm sure others will, too so don't forget to post pics and opinions when you get it!

• Deborah Sigg
    11 years ago

mrsjoe, thanks for taking the leap of faith. I will have at least one, possibly two blind corners when I redo our kitchen and was considering the corner king. I can't wait to hear your thoughts and maybe see a pic or two.

• mrsjoe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My Korner King arrives Thursday!!! Is it sad that I am super excited about this, even though my cabinets won't be done for three weeks??

• andreak100
    11 years ago

Oh, that's great to hear, mrsjoe! I'm super excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear what you think.

That reminds me - I had send some supplemental questions off to them and I haven't heard back from them yet....I need to follow up with them again.

We're thinking about the one for the upper cabinets - you are getting one of the ones for the lower cabinets, right?

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

i'd love to hear how this works for you : ) Good luck!

• mrsjoe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am doing just the lower. I ended up going with the two drawer option that was $299 because it seemed like the more expensive three drawer would really limit what could go in it. It seemed to be intended more for canned goods and such and I won't be putting food in mine.

I thought about getting the upper at the same time, but decided I would try the lower first. Also I've only had a blind corner on top, so I thought I would live with the angled before deciding on that, since it seems you can retrofit it.

As far as them not being responsive, just give them a call at the number on the site. I was so excited I called to find out how long it would be before my order was shipped. She answered right away and told me since they make each order when it comes in, it takes about a week.

• ControlfreakECS
    11 years ago

I'm having my cabinet maker put one in our corner. We got the tall 2 drawer. He purchased the one that would work for us. The cabs are custom. Can't wait to hear about yours. My DH is shockingly excited about this corner cabinet. I think it seems "gadget-y." :)

• aliris19
    11 years ago

This is so cool!! I especially like the lower right video set to Beethoven. But the "infamous butt shot" holds a close second in appreciation.

Someone tell circuspeanut!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kool Korner King

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

I saw this at one Kitchen shop - I thought it was quite interesting - but then realized that the corner was where I was going to put my extra large pot and pans - crock pot, tall pasta pot, and my "paella" pan and 13 inch fry pan, so I needed the floor space and not drawer space.
    Let us know how it works out.

• mrsjoe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So I haven't lived with the Korner King yet, but it's in the cabinet. That's a start. Fit is perfect and it seems like a great use of the space:

The drawers are fantastic and I'm happy I didn't pay about $100 more for the 3 drawer model. The spin isn't super smooth, but I'm guessing that there's simply an adjustment that needs to be made or some lubricant that needs adding. Don't get me wrong - it still spins just not as smoothly as some other lazy susans.

I'll provide some more feedback once we actually figure out where everything is going to go in the kitchen and I load it up!

• andreak100
    11 years ago

Thanks for the update, mrsjoe. Curious to find out if the spin can be made smoother...hope you get some guidance from the company on that. How are the slides for the drawers? Do they seem to be of high quality? Did you get the "Select" or the "Value" one?

• aliris19
    11 years ago

Thank you Mrs Joe -- from your post I've been eyeing these greedily. They are so clever! I am eager for news of improvements made to the spin as well.

thanks.

• mrsjoe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I actually heard from the company today and learned that what I'm experiencing is because it's empty. I guess it's designed to spin ideally with some weight on it. I probably won't be loading it up until next week at least when everything is finished, so I'll let you know how it goes then.

Oh and I got the select line. For the style I wanted I think the price difference was only $30. Like I said, I just went with the 2 drawer because the 3 drawer seemed like it would be ideal for short things like spices or canned goods, but we have two pantries for those, so I will probably be using mine to either store Tupperware or my Toaster and other small appliances and liked the taller space. We just haven't decided what will go where yet.

The drawers pull out perfectly smoothly and soft close nicely. I'm pretty sure they have a high end drawer pull on it like Blum or something, but I maybe remembering incorrectly.

I think it's going to be so useful. It seems like such a simple idea, but somehow no one else came up with it and it's so unique!

• Buehl
    11 years ago

This looks like a great corner solution! Keep us posted about how it works once you've loaded it up and have used it for a while!

• kfpwvt
    11 years ago

Have you used your Korner King yet? I'm thinking about one but the Cookware version which has a solid susan type surface on top and 2 layers with the drawers. I'm curious how wide the inside of the drawers are? Trying to figure out what pots and pans would fit in the drawers.

• Simplycathy
    11 years ago

I have been looking at them for an upper corner cabinet solution. I was very interested until I saw the amount for shipping. We designed a little pantry idea in a corner of the kitchen with 2 diagonal wall cabinets, one is hung and the other is used as a base on a small platform. There is space between them enough for the microwave or something if I wanted, it is really cute, but not functional. The shipping on these would be a little . I have been looking for discount codes or something to make it less of a burden with the other things I need in my little county home. : )

• aliris19
    11 years ago

Cathy - I have the sense that the "company" is just a guy, his workshop and the mailbox. If you have a need, you should contact him and see what he could do for you. He promised me $25 for complicated reasons that isn't worth explaining here, but I never did see it. If it will help him/you, ask him to apply that toward your shipping! ;)

Mrs Joe - are those things working well now that they're filled up?

• MizLizzie
    11 years ago

Okay, this is AMAZING. Thank you for starting this thread. I found the website and watched the guy's videos. I really want the UPPPER Korner King. Will put his link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: KornerKing.com

• armada
    11 years ago

curious if you've loaded up the cabinet and whether it really did get smoother. I came across a youtube video from Kornerking and am intrigued. If I can get something like this for less than 50% of a Hafele, sounds like a good fit to me...

-adam

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

I wondered if any users of this product can report back as to how well it has worked for them in their new kitchens. I want to use it to store cooking ingredients as a little pantry. I may do an upper and lower one.

Carol

• laurajane02
    10 years ago

OntarioMom~ I have a Kornerking and so far I'm quite happy with it (3 shelves + 3 drawers). My cabinet maker did have to make some adjustments to it due to my inset cabinetry. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see any photos.

I can't comment on long term use yet, we just moved into our house over the weekend.

I also got the retrofit super susans. My husband had to adjust them to get them on my shelves. The issue was again, my inset cabinetry.

• ControlfreakECS
    10 years ago

I've been using the KornerKing since November. No complaints. As I posted far above in the thread, we have the tall 2 drawer unit.

I use if for small appliances that I don't want on the counter and oddly sized kitchen tools... so: food processor, rice cooker, hand blender, food mill, mandoline, funnels, box grater, sifter, and my liquid measuring cups. Probably a few other things as well. I like that it keeps things separated and organized and the drawers make it much easier to get out the larger items.

After spinning, I do have to be careful that it is reset in the correct position for the door to close properly and for the drawers to pull out without hitting interior hinge hardware on the door.

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

Laura and Controlfrekecs,

Thanks very much for your feedback and tips on use and install. Glad to know you are both happy with this product as I think we will be getting the lower unit too. Laura, when you say you have three drawers and three shelves, are the shelves the side pocket cubbies attached to the drawer? If so, why did you elect to only get the cubbies on one side of the drawers rather than both?

Carol

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

Laura and Controlfrekecs,

Thanks very much for your feedback and tips on use and install. Glad to know you are both happy with this product as I think we will be getting the lower unit too. Laura, when you say you have three drawers and three shelves, are the shelves the side pocket cubbies attached to the drawer? If so, why did you elect to only get the cubbies on one side of the drawers rather than both?

Carol

• laurajane02
    10 years ago

OntarioMom ~ Here are some photos of what I have. It's not organized yet though.

{{!gwi}}

Because I have inset cabinetry with hidden hinges, my cabinet maker had to move the drawers so that the KornerKing would work (drawers clear the hinges). Also, I had this unit made 1" smaller than the larger one to accommodate my cabinets.

It turns both ways for shelving.
    {{!gwi}}

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

Laurajane,

Thanks very much for the pictures. I am glad you were able to make it work for you. Seems like a good corner solution that I will go for as well.

Carol

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

Laurajane,

Thanks very much for the pictures. I am glad you were able to make it work for you. Seems like a good corner solution that I will go for as well.

Carol

• EnolaEagle
    10 years ago

The Korner King product is top notch. Whomever talked about a $25 dollar discount must not be speaking the truth. They do not offer discounts unless there is a high volume of continuous orders. Their product speaks volumes on quality and function.

• aliris19
    10 years ago

The $25 offer is long past. There was something like a lottery or signin or something? I don't remember. "Mr Joe" contacted me and said he'd give me $25 but never followed through. Easy come easy go. ;)

• mrsjoe
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So sorry to abandon everyone once my kitchen was complete! Anyway, I am really happy with my Korner King. It spins just fine now that it's full. The only thing I've noticed was mentioned above that occasionally I have to adjust it back into the right position, but since I have the angled, the door will still shut when it's off-kilter. I really don't think that there is a better corner solution out there - at least the bottom one, especially comparing quality and price. If someone gets the top one, I would love feedback. It seemed like it wouldn't be such a great use of space as the bottom.

If someone still need measurements on the shelves and drawers, I might be able to check mine. Let me know.

• rmiriam
    10 years ago

I would love some measurements, especially of the shelves on the side of the drawers, so I know if some of my small appliances will fit in there. Thank you for all the first-hand experience!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022