Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
labradoodlemom

calling all bm linen white cabinet owners

labradoodlemom
14 years ago

I've been pretty MIA lately (mainly due to some major disasters with our carpenter and the fact that we're now 6 weeks behind schedule!), but, we're finally at the point where cabinets are being built and I need cabinet color chosen. I'm 99% sure I'm going with BM linen white, but I was hoping to maybe see some pictures from those of you who have used it!

Thanks

In

Advance!

:-)

Comments (15)

• bestyears
    14 years ago

Our painter is coming tomorrow, so too early to show you pics, but I tested SW creamy, SW antique white, and a bunch of BM creamy whites on the cabinet doors we were tossing out, so that I could really see how they looked. We picked Linen White out of all ten samples. Just seemed the most 'classic creamy kitchen' no undertones, etc. I'll post pics afterwards!

• blondelle
    14 years ago

I'm sitting in a bedroom writing this that was painted in Linen White. It's definitely not white. It's a pale, grayed, yellow-y beige with a hint of green. I think the cabinets would look nicer in a lighter, crisper, creamier white than the LW.

• labradoodlemom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hmmmm....
    Great feedback! It's making me think we MIGHT have made the right decision then.

We're going for that classic, warm farmhouse feel, complete with handhewn beams, wide plank flooring, a classic colonial farmhouse red island, apron sink, etc.

So, I definitely don't want a lot of "pop," more cozy, warm feeling...

Hhhhmmmm....

• positano
    14 years ago

I definitely feel like my color is cozy and warm if that helps. Sounds like it might be for you after all!

• salbwil
    14 years ago

My cabinets are Linen White and I love them; it is a classic farmhouse look. My kitchen is in the "finished kitchens" blog if you want to see.
    salbwil

• labradoodlemom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SALBWIL, thanks for the feedback! I think your kitchen has a lot of the same "classicness" as what we're trying to achieve! Question for you: What color did you do your walls and trim? If we go with the BM Linen White, we're wondering if we do either of those in the same color or pick another color....

• erinct
    14 years ago

Positano: I love your countertop with the cream cabinets (which we are also doing) -- would you mind sharing what it is?!? Thanks!

• positano
    14 years ago

Hey erinct,
    We used Costa Esmeralda granite for our countertop. My slabs have green, grey and a little black in them. In person they are a great neutral and go with so many different colored accessories. My CE was not as expensive as some others for some reason. I think it was about $75 a sf installed. It hides crumbs and doesn't show fingerprints, perfect for my family.

Hope that helps!

• bestyears
    14 years ago

Funny coincidence labradoodle mom, our countertops are Costa Esmeralda too! The wall color we have picked out is BM Coastal Fog, but we'll wait until the cabinets are painted to buy it!

• cawfeegirl
    14 years ago

Are all Linen Whites the same? My built-ins in my family room are painted BM Linen White (as is all the trim in my house) and I love it. Its a creamy, soothing off-white. Im not seeing gray or green in it though, thats why I ask if all Linen Whites are the same. I can post a pic if you need it.

• erinct
    14 years ago

positano: That's very helpful!!! Thanks!

• judydel
    14 years ago

Positano could you please share what brand cup pulls you have? I recently posted my dilemma with regards to my cabinet drawers and cup pulls. Yours look like they'd be the right size. Very pretty kitchen . . . can't wait to see more.

• positano
    14 years ago

judydel...I just answered you on your thread.

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

I am a huge fan of BM Simply White (OC-117). Very warm and yet still very white. See if you can find the Metropolitan Home Jan/Feb08 isue and search for a spread on a home in Seattle. The article was called "Making Light of It". In addition, this edition had about four other examples of white kitchens/homes and showed some different shades of the 180 shades of white BM carries.