Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixing Metals in the Kitchen

Posted by famoseven (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 14:44

We are buying a spec house from a builder and he is not willing to change many things (even though they have not been completed yet). Our kitchen will be white cabinetry, Carrara Marble counter, stainless appliances, and two stainless sink.

The builder seems open to let me selecting the kitchen faucets and knobs though. I have fallen in love with the unlaquered brass or antique brass bridge faucets. If I went with that as a faucet, what type of knobs would you suggest using for the kitchen cabinets and pulls for the drawers? Or, should I not use an brass finished faucet with a stainless sink?

I love mixing metals, just not sure if it would look okay in this situation?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixing Metals in the Kitchen

I think a brass faucet looks fine with a stainless sink. However if you're using brass, Ithink you have to pick it up elsewhere in the kitchen. The hardware is my preference, or in pendants or both.

GL, I love brass bridge faucets.

o

The sky's the limit with mixing metals these days. I think adding one more finish into the environment would actually be advisable as design choices (at least for accessories like that) seem more purposeful when done in odd numbers. What do they call it? The rule of three, I think? For jokes, for flower bushes, whatever- it always works.

Check out Lauren Liess's kitchen on her blog. Lots of metals and it's great.

o

I would check into having unlacquered finishes on marble. I recall one GW member, three apples I think, who had issues with the metal and stone together.

As for mixing finishes I think it will be beautiful. I have stainless/satin nickel for all my functional pieces and polished nickel for all my fancy bits like cup pulls and lights. I think it looks nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here