Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annsch

Pictures of your 3 different colored countertop surfaces?

Ann Scheley
11 years ago

Had a another post on this that fizzled. So wondering if all of you who have 3 different countertop surfaces in your kitchen could share pictures, please? Am strongly considering adding walnut to a small hutch. The other surfaces will be caesarstone organic white and pebble.

THANKS A MULLION!! ;)

Comments (21)

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

Yep. The perimeter is brushed black pearl, the island, is ''dry leaf''--a variegated light granite with black and ochre in it and a lot of crystal; and the hutch base has a wood top that matches the espresso wood on the island and the hutch.

Hope these pics give you the general idea: You can see the corner of the top of the hutch at the front left in the top picture.

It works for me and doesn't seem at all too busy.

• Ann Scheley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks BELLSMOM!! That really does all work together beautifully.

• allison0704
    11 years ago

I have three as well. Antique pine on the island. Honed golden leaf granite on either side of range and pine hutch next to fridge (also in laundry room, off kitchen). New pine on black painted coffee station.

3 paint colors and 1 stain. Go big, or go home. ;D

Here is a link that might be useful: My kitchen

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I haven't done all mine yet, but at this point I have a Wilsonart on one side of the kitchen (will become soapstone some day), my butcherblock countertops I made on the other side of the kitchen.

My credenza will have these burled walnut squares laid, sanded and polished. I saw them on Bathtastic and tracked them down. They are fabulous.

• Ann Scheley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone!! I believe my DH and I have made our decision. We will do the hutch with a 3rd surface: a walnut top. Not sure about the color of stain yet.

• muskokascp
    11 years ago

These are my three materials - white macabus quartzite, original PA soapstone and concrete Caesarstone. The caesarstone is the same colour as the built in cabinet so it all looks like one unit. I was worried about 3 surfaces too but because the counter and cabinets are the same it doesn't stand out and blends just fine. it is hard to get all 3 in one picture but I think you can get the jist of it. I think your three materials will look lovely.

• michelle16
    11 years ago

Muskocaskap- OMG your kitchen is stunning! I have only seen a few small pics before! I got the white macabus (not installed yet) after seeing your threads, but somehow I don't think mine will be as stunning. Your's really looks like marble! Can you get a shot of the range area up close! would love to see more! I would love to have used the soapstone as well, but I paid by slab, and 2 slabs did everything, so I didn't want to spend more money.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Now if I had a kitchen like that, I wouldn't need uppers!
    Gorgeous!

What is your cooktop?

• muskokascp
    11 years ago

Thanks michelle16. I look forward to seeing your quartzite too. I am sure it will be just as beautiful! It is a gorgeous stone. I haven't posted finished pictures of the kitchen because it is not quite finished although some would say it is. Still need window coverings and a backslash for the breakfast nook....and we all know how that pesky backsplash can hold things up!

a2gemini - the cooktop is a Bosch induction

• Ann Scheley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

musk---HOLY COW!!! STUNNING!! WOW! bREATHTAKING!!! tHANKS FOR THE PICTURES!! WHAT A VISUAL TREAT! TALK ABOUT SERENE!

• michelle16
    11 years ago

Thanks for the pic. I was starting to second guess my choice after visiting my slab a few days ago, when i see it next to the marbles, it looks alot grayer, then I saw your pics and I was blown away, it;s really stunning. I know u looked for a long time. This is a pic. of one of my slabs, it has that calcatta type veining like yours. Absolutely beautiful, can't wait to see the rest!

• burntfingers
    11 years ago

muskokascp!

Sorry to keep this thread off-topic, but I have to ask! I'd just decided on the same faucet for my prep sink, but since you already have it.... do you like it as much as I expect to? Does it give you the flexibility to "spray" into the corners as well as directing the water where you want it?

AND... I'm planning on the Bosch induction top as well and I love the minimal hood you have. Is your cooktop the 30" or 36"? Is the hood a Broan? (can't read the name in the picture...)
    Thanks!

Burntfingers

• muskokascp
    11 years ago

Burntfingers: I can unequivocally recommend the Karbon faucet. It is so versatile in the positions you can put it in. It is actually kinda fun to use and there are no issues with the spray or it's reach. This faucet is one of my favorite items in the kitchen....weird but true!

the cooktop is the Bosch series800 induction 36" and that was a great purchase too. The hood is also a Bosch and I choose it for the minimalistic design and the glass portion so you can see through to the backsplash.

Michelle16 : your slab looks a lot like mine! You will love it and once away from the marble it won't seem so grey. It has been so easy to care for and I don't worry about anything staining or etching it!

• cam349
    11 years ago

Muskokascp: Where did you find your white macabus quartzite? I'm on the East coast and not sure where to look other than Nova Tile. Is that where you got the soapstone?

Annsch: My reno is starting soon and I'll be using soapstone perimeter countertops, a light coloured quartzite on my island (Taj Mahal on hold, but still looking around) and walnut on my hutch. I think it will all look nice together. I'm going to get an end-grain cutting board made of the walnut as well to help tie things in - plus I really want one :)

• muskokascp
    11 years ago

cam349 - I'm the poster from a week or so ago that suggested all those other dealers in the area , and the Caesaerstone dealer in Moncton, to try in addition to Nova Tile. To answer your question, yes I got the quartzite at Nova Tile but I went in a lot over the course of a year looking for the right stone. I think they were glad when I finally bought something!! I knew what I wanted and it just took time for the right stone to come through their door.

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

I'm following this thread with interest because I'm also planning 3 different counters; Caesarstone Blizzard (white) on the perimeter counters, Calacata Oro or some other creamy marble on the island, and walnut butcher block on the cabinets across the room.

Here's the walnut:

And here's a marble I'm considering:

From Marbles

• Ann Scheley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

annkathryn--where are you getting the walnut? That is really beautiful and that marble HOLY MOLY GORGEOUS!!!

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

I think I'll be getting the walnut butcherblock from the Hardwood Lumber Company. Someone here on gardenweb had used them, but I can't remember who it was. It's pretty, isn't it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Hardwood Lumber Company

• Ann Scheley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THANKS! ! yes it really is. Haven't gotten that far yet with my idea of walnut hutch top, but am definitely saving that info. Thanks again.

• cam349
    11 years ago

Muskokascp: Thank you - I had printed out your previous post of other places to try. We're thinking of doing the quartzite on our island now and I wasn't blown away by what I saw at Nova, but I'll have to check back.

Annsch: I saw this picture and thought of you :)

• Ann Scheley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

cam349---looky there! That looks like MORE than 3 different countertops And it works. Definitely going with the walnut on small hutch. THANKS!! The more I see the more I like it gives a more homey feel to the spaces. I think that's exactly why I need to bring in the walnut because the caesarstone tops are a cooler material and wood will warm it up and still blend with our wood floors.