Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ikea kitchen remodel

Posted by Ramya03 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 14:39

Hi All,

We are working on our (first time!) kitchen remodel. Have decided to go with ikea shaker (adel) cabinets. We have come up with a design and wanted to get some feedback! The main problem with the current kitchen is the lack of counter space and cabinets. When working on the design we have made sure we added more cabinets and counter. Also I really wanted to have a bench in the kitchen.

With the current design the bench is not centered on the wall and windows. Would that be a problem? Later on, i want to add a small table and make a breakfast nook. If so, can i hang a pendant light just above the table (even if it is not centered)

I have attached some pics of the design. would love to hear the feedback.

thanks
Ramya

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ikea kitchen remodel

Here is a closer view of the breakfast nook

o

Looks good.

1. You need a few inches+ between wall and fridge.
2. Is DW left or right of sink?
3. Where's your microwave?
4. Where's your trash?
5. How wide is aisle between sink and stove?
if you have enough room, I would pull all those cabinets next to the fridge out to be flushed with the standard depth fridge:
you get more countertop and fridge doesn't look like it sticks out.

I don't have a problem w/ the window/not centering.

good luck,
Amanda

o

thanks Amanda!

We have left 2-3 inches between the fridge and the wall. DW is to the right of sink. We have a microwave cabinet opposite to the cooking range. I am planning to keep the trash under the sink. there is 4 feet between the sink and the stove. I will explore the idea of pulling the cabinets out! thanks for the awesome idea!

would is look awkward if i hung a decorative lamp above the breakfast nook table?

thanks
Ramya

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here