Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue is the Night granite - anyone have it? vs. Black galaxy.

Posted by treysar (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 27, 09 at 14:32

Contemplating this granite but it is a hefty $74/sq ft. Does anyone have it? I love the blue flecks, but the black galaxy was $10/sq ft cheaper. Not sure if the difference is big enough to matter... Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue is the Night granite - anyone have it? vs. Black galaxy.

I use a remnant of it for a bathroom vanity (the store called it "Blue Polare". I loved it so much that when I wanted to renovate two other bathrooms, I searched at least 15 other granite companies. Only one had even a full slab to look at, but no remnants. Most of the salespeople said it was quite rare, thus so costly. If I had LOTS of money, I would definitely put it in my kitchen and other areas. I did find a remnant of Blue Volga for one bath....it has those beautiful irridescent blue-green pieces in it, much like Blue in the Night has the blue. I just think there is just no comparison between the appearance of Blue in the Night and black galaxy, IMHO

o

We just remodeled our kitchen and installed Blue in the Night. I absolutely love it! The blue flecks just pop right out depending on the lighting and angle. I'm a blue person so this was the perfect compromise to having something else that would be more in your face blue. From a distance, it reads black, but when you're on top of it, it really pops. We chose an antiqued finish, which I'm extremely happy with. We also installed it in our half bath on the same floor along with a blue glass vessel sink. Love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Slideshow of kitchen remodel

o

I just googled Blue in the Night granite and it is spectacular! Perhaps you could use it on the island if its too pricey for the entire kitchen. It's too pretty not to use! Good luck,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here