Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjocean

Your opinion please on my granite I

mjocean
11 years ago

Hi,

Please send me your opinion of my granite choice. I will send a second message showing the granite with my cabinet door. The granite has two names - Sucuri Brown and Juparama Beach.

I am looking for a sandy beach effect. I look forward to your comments!

Comments (22)

• Fori
    11 years ago

YES

• glo1751
    11 years ago

I like it. Very pretty and lots of movement. What color are the cabinets?

• aprilmack
    11 years ago

I like the granite as well but I also want to know what the other finishes will be.

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi April,
    Shaker cabinets with natural cherry finish. I have posted another picture with the cabinet door below. The slab looks much greener in the photo than actual.

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Beautiful slab of granite. Looks great with your cabinet.

• christine40
    11 years ago

I looked at and considers sucuri as well---loved it! Your slab is beautiful and most likely a bit more brown in person right?? I love it with your cabs!

• marcolo
    11 years ago

Looks sickly. And way too dark to offer a sandy beach effect.

• glo1751
    11 years ago

I like it. Very pretty and lots of movement. What color are the cabinets?

• jterrilynn
    11 years ago

I like the granite and think it would look pretty with cabinets in a diftwood finish for a beachy look.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Pretty!
    Love it!!
    Now for the backsplash!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

I like it and it looks great with your cab sample!

• modern_mom35
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

LOVE the movement in the stone and just like it with your cabs. I don't know if the combination maximizes the beauty of either finish.

• jterrilynn
    11 years ago

Have you ever thought about a driftwood finish on some lower cabs or island and maybe some painted in a light-ish taupe-y-ish tone? I really like the granite but I'm not feeling beach. I'm not suggesting "Martha" cabs but have you ever looked at some of the light taupe cabinet displays? There are some nice colors for inspiration.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Pretty but so green as to not bring "sandy beach" to mind. You say it's not as green in RL, but the fact that the green is coming through in the picture gives me pause.

• andreak100
    11 years ago

In the first photo, I thought that the color balance was off in your camera and what was appearing to be very green was really just a camera issue. But, looking at your door with it, it appears less so a color balance issue.

You're definitely pulling a lot of green - I don't know if it's a characteristic of that particular slab or if it's a characteristic of that stone.

Love the movement and flow with the slab - I think it's very pretty, but with the amount of green undertones that are pulling forward and the overall darkness , I don't really think "sandy beach".

But here's the thing, do YOU love it? If you do and it's not so much reading "beach", is it worth changing around your vision of what you were after?

• mtnfever (9b AZ/HZ 11)
    11 years ago

On my monitor, the slab looks gray or taupe except the upper right corner looks greenish. So maybe my monitor colors are off if everyone else is seeing green? In any case, I think it looks like the beach where the waves are washing up so the sand is wet, much darker than dry sand, and the waves have left ripples in the sand as well. So, to me it looks like what you're intending.

I'm not sure about that slab with your cab color but I'm not very good at those sorts of color combos. I think jterrilynn has a good idea about the cabs or island in a driftwood or taupe-y-ish color.

Can you take any friends to see the color IRL to see what they think?

• Bunny
    11 years ago

Not sure it looks like a sandy beach, but it's really pretty anyway. It's a little more like the part of the sand where the tide washes and creates its patterns. Personally, I love green, esp. the subtler shades, and if this looks good to you, what does it matter if it looks like a sandy beach or not? Make up something else it more closely resembles. :)

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi,

I should have been more specific, I am going after a beach at low tide effect as seen by mtnfever and linelle. I would like to continue to get your comments about the cabinet/granite combination.

I really appreciate all the advice and comments.

• Bunny
    11 years ago

mjocean, the more I look at it, the more it looks like what you're after. I think it's a gorgeous color and love the effect of the tide having just receded and left beautiful patterns.

• amykath
    11 years ago

I think it is fabulous!!!! Very warm and super interesting.

Great find!!!

• wolfgang80
    11 years ago

It's a fine piece of granite, but I'm in the group that does not see or think sandy beach. Unfortunately, when it's on a horizontal plane and your natural cherry cabinets become the dominant visual feature in the kitchen, it will look even less beachy and more woodsy.