Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile installed

Posted by gregincal (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 5, 12 at 14:21

Thanks for all the lovely feedback on my earlier tile design thread. Yesterday the tile was grouted, and I thought I'd share pictures (it still needs to be caulked at the counter edge, so it looks rough there). I'm quite pleased. For those who missed the earlier thread, the tile is from Fireclay tile of San Jose. Hopefully in two more weeks we'll be cooking in the kitchen (although there will certainly still be stuff left to do in the remodel).

And for fun, here is my photoshop mockup of the design I did before ordering the tile (partly to see what the design would look like, partly to see how much of each tile I needed to order):

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile installed

Oh my goodness - I love it! It looks fantastic.

o

The tile is beautiful, the greens and blue are spectacular. And I love the sweet small triangles wouldn't look as nice without them, great job!

o

I meant sweet small diamonds (not triangles)! HA!

o

That's one classy backsplash.

o

Smashing! That is really nice. Well done.

o

FAN-TASTIC!

o

I have backsplash envy!
So nice!

o

Wow!
Now I understand the "discovering fireclay!"

Really great.
Did you do your own tiling? It's really well done.

o

This one gets my "current GW favorite" award!

o

Simply stunning! You must be so happy with the outcome.

o

Glad someone is out of the ABB club! Congratulations on a beautiful kitchen and backsplash. I hope to get kicked out of the club soon also.

o

that's one great backsplash!

o

Thanks for the feedback. Although I tiled my last countertop and backsplash, thankfully somebody else did the work this time. I was on hand to determine the exact layout, since I was very particular about the design. I'm really happy it fulfilled my vision.

I'm quite excited for the last few bits to tie everything together. The built in bench seats are almost done and I'm going by to have a look tomorrow. Our big stained glass window in the breakfast area is done and waiting to be installed. All the doug fir woodwork needs to be stained and the island needs to be put into position. Also, actually having a range and the faucets installed in the sink will finally complete the counter run. Our contractor (who does almost all the work himself) took a few days off this week with his family, but it's going to be a very busy next couple weeks getting things ready for us to move back in.

o

wow! it looks great! your mock-up in photoshop is very impressive as well.

o

I love how perfect and precise everything looks. I don't think I have ever seen such a good photshop job!

o

Love the colors!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here