Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sink under window

Posted by kodak1 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 14:12

I'm in the final planning stages of my new kitchen. Right now, the sink is drawn in the corner near the window. If I center the sink in a 30" cabinet under the window, I end up with two 9" cabinets. If the sink is not centered, I end up with an 18" cabinet, which is more useful. Does anyone have an off centered sink under their window? If so, can I see some pictures. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sink under window

My sink is under the window and is slightly offset from center. It is a double bowl sink, and we centered the left (larger) bowl, so that the entire thing is a bit off center. It's very subtle... not sure if you can tell much from this picture.

o

Mine is also off-center because of cabinetry constraints, and while you'd think it'd be glaring, nobody's ever remarked on it. I thought it would bug me like crazy, but I've wound up really liking the non-planned-to-death aspect of it. ;-) I did try to balance things out a tad by centering the large faucet with the window:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I had a similar problem with my sink and window. I have a tad of OCD so I knew the sink and faucet need to be centered. We had quite a few 9'' options with Thomasville and finally decided on a 9'' pantry pullout and a 9'' cookie sheet organizer. I think both will be useful.

Sorry - no pictures yet. Cabinets should be in on August 1st!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here