Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outer corners and glass & stone tile backsplash

Posted by rivkadr (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 14:12

We're going to be installing a glass & stone tile backsplash soon in our kitchen, and we have an outer corner that we need to wrap the tile around.

We are hoping to use a tile like this:

http://www.flooranddecoroutlets.com/buenos-aires-glass---stone-mix-tile-8mm-random.html

We're a bit stymied on what to do with the outer corner edge, though. Snipping the tile will end up leaving a weird rough edge on one of the sides. What are our options?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outer corners and glass & stone tile backsplash

Edging for glass tile was just discussed recently. There are examples posted on the link below. There are other past threads about this too if you do a google search. Hope this helps

Here is a link that might be useful: trim for glass mosaic tile

o

Start at the corner and work your way back each way. Your link didn't work for me. We have glass and stone mosaic 5/8" squares. Sometimes you can fudge those last few pieces just a bit (cut the mesh) and narrow or widen the grout lines in minuscule amounts to have things come out even. If not, the cut end butts into the wall or inside corner. Hmmmm, unless you have staggered tile, then you need to look at Schluter metal edges to cover those cuts.

-Babka

o

Schulter edge. Comes in a few designs, and many finishes. I used stainless in my kitchen, brushed nickel in one bathroom, and white in another.

See photo towards the end of the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Backsplash edged by Schluter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here