Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenhighlighter

Faucet + hot water dispenser + soap dispenser

GreenHighlighter
10 years ago

Hi all,

I have a Blanco Silgranite Super Diamond (aka, one big bowl), a commercial-looking pull down faucet, a hot/cold water dispenser, and a soap dispenser.

My fabricator is installing tomorrow and he wants to know where to drill all the holes.

I'm thinking: hot water dispenser then faucet then soap dispenser. All in a row.

Is that how others have done it? Any pics would be great, thanks!!!

Comments (9)

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

One thought on your decision is if the Blanco has a colander etc which you place on the right side of the sink, then perhaps reverse the soap dispenser to the left side. But yes, they drilled my holes all in a row, separated by chosen distances. If the hole size for the hot water dispenser and the soap dispenser are the same, you can always change them out.

Don't let the plumbers use plumbers putty on installation of the sink flange or drain. Blanco recommends clear silicone for its Silgranit. Counter tops which etch shouldn't have plumbers putty either as it may etch from it I understand.

Sorry, no pictures yet. Excited for you: countertops let you know you're half way there.

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

I don't know the drain position in the Silgranit Super Diamond. If it's near the right, then I can see putting the soap dispenser above.

I am thinking of people who use colanders in their Silgranit sink, and trying to avoid soap getting into it's items (like washed dishes or veggies etc). This is mainly for the Blanco sinks with the divides, such as my new one: Blanco Precis Cascade. Otherwise no problem.

Yes, decision fatigue, I can so identify. I do a lot of visuals in my head and cross checking with Houzz pictures (like what do I want for my new sink) rather than always being in the kitchen itself. Just to sit to refuel, take a brief break etc.

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Here's my newly installed sink and the air switch for the garbage disposal in the mix.

• GreenHighlighter
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, yes, I forgot about the air switch! Any thoughts on how you located it there in the middle?

• will2kz
    10 years ago

I did it this way. I turn on the faucet with my right hand so wanted soap in my left hand. The water heater should be off to the side and out of the way. The air switch could be where ever but it added symmetry where it was.
    I have one large sink basin. The drain is actually on the left which is ideal as I can get trash under the right side without hitting plumbing.

• GreenHighlighter
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks! the pictures really help.

• addycal75
    10 years ago

More pictures please! I am tagging along with this thread! My fabricator and contractor stood over my should asking where the holes should go. I have: Whitehaven 36" sink (lots of room and no designated holes) with 4 elements: main faucet (waterstone, single lever so just one hole), button for disposal, instant hot/etc water faucet, and the thingy for the dishwasher (why don't I see those in pics anymore?). We do not have a soap dispenser. I would love thoughts on this. All right handed folks in the house.
    Thanks,
    Addy

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Addycal- we had our plumber do a high loop for our dishwasher installation and were able to lose the air gap. The white thingy in the pic is what replaced the air gap.

We are right handed so the faucet handle is on the right. I wanted the h/c dispenser on the far right to put the coffee pot on the counter when filling it in the morning.

Google "high loop GW" and you'll find a lot of information about air gaps

BMW, I love my new 36 in White haven, it's beautiful.