Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cevamal_gw

Kitchen remodeling resources

cevamal
10 years ago

I'm in the early planning stages of a kitchen remodel and trying to gather as much information as possible.

I've been combing through this forum, ikeafans.com, and houzz but I'd like some print resources too. Does anyone have any books or magazines to recommend?

Comments (5)

• dilly_ny
    10 years ago

Sarah Susanka's books, especially, not so big remodeling

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

Go to the library. That way you don't have to invest any money unless it is a book or magazine you want to buy. I took out so much stuff the librarians noticed and asked about my projects.

• cevamal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh yes, I spend lots of time (and money...darn late fees ;)) at the library.

My local library is small, though, and I usually request things from other branches. Which is why I'm looking for specific resources people have found helpful.

My library system has several of Susanka's books, but not "not so big remodeling", unfortunately.

• dilly_ny
    10 years ago

You can look at other of Susanka's books. The concepts repeat in her many books. You can get a feel for her design concepts and think about your entire living space before you under take a project. Good luck.

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

I purchased a lot of the bhg special kitchen and bath magazines you see at the supermarket. Also checked out alot of finehomebuilding magazines at the library. To me finehomebuilding would be worth buying it needed. We got an important idea from one.

As my DH would say "don't you get your best ideas from gardenweb?"