Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures of Silestone Helix?

Posted by miablueiii (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 14:08

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, after stalking virtually every post I could find about marble and marble alternatives. I am pretty much set on carrara but came across Silestone Helix (at HD) and it looked decent. I'm not a fan at all of Lyra, but this looks like the veining would look less artificial. Plus it looks whiter than Lagoon. But I'm having a heck of a time trying to find pictures of it!

Anyone who has pictures of it installed would be wonderful, or just any good pics or posts you guys can point me to would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures of Silestone Helix?

Google or Yahoo search Silestone Helix.

Then click Images to see if you can find what you are looking for.

o

I know how to use the internet...Most of what comes up is either Lagoon or Lyra. I'm not sure if Helix is newer or just less popular, but I'm hoping someone can share more "real life" pics if they have it installed.

o

I'm in the same boat as you miableuiii. The pictures of Helix on the internet aren't that great and I would love to see some 'real life' pictures. I've called some showrooms and no one seems to have Silestone where I live.

I think it is their newest color so that may be why there's not much out there.

FWIW, I took my Silestone samples and placed them on top of my friend's Carrara marble table and Lyra matched the coloring of marble the closest. But when I look at pictures of full slab Lyra, I think it doesn't resemble marble very much in the patterns. I feel like Helix has more depth and is more interesting but it's hard to make a decision when you haven't seen a big slab.

o
Helix?

Hey all, I am trying to see Helix installed. Any luck?

o

Can't help you with Helix installed, but I snapped a photo of a slab of Sueded Helix back in October.

photo IMG_1440_zps25eae965.jpg

o

Great photo AvatarWalt, I'm so glad you shared it. What was your opinion of it when you saw the slab in real life?

It appears the helix has more of a creamy background? I have been leaning more towards a whiter background. I have to say that the overall pattern looks quite nice.

o

Hi all I had Silestone Helix installed in my new house only a few weeks ago if you would like some photos email me on s_mcc23@yahoo.ie I have white units and its a great contrast as I wanted something a bit more veined than lagoon which seems to look just like light grey from afar. I wanted something that would stand out.Visitors all think its marble and think it looks fab so pleased with choice.

o

Unfortunately, AineLane, I don't remember much about the background color, but I did think the slab was nice enough to photograph. I went to look at the large-scale porcelain, but the sample of Dekton marble-look didn't excite me. I liked Helix better than Lyra and Lagoon, as the pattern was bolder and appeared more random/natural. I too would love to see some photos of it installed!

o

New silestone colors:

BLANCO ORION
CALYPSO
PHOENIX
ARIEL

I am hoping to see them next week.

o

http://www.silestoneusa.com/colors/color/blanco-orion/

The above link has all the colors and full slab photos.
I am loving Blanco Orion.

Here is a link that might be useful: silestone

o

Ronniepuddle - If you do go see them in person, please post some pics for all of us who are in the marble alternative camp!

Aoife2014 - Great to hear you're happy with the Helix. Would you mind posting some pics here?

o

Hi there my camera is poor resolution so tried some but blurred so not so keen! Look at Birmingham Parade Roll of Homes 2014 Ideal Home as helix installed in kitchen and I took my inspiration from this as I think it looks stunning and if good enough for this home good enough for mine!

o

Here is the picture from the show home that Aoife was referring to above. As far as I can tell, this is Silestone Helix.
It seems as though Silestone has been coming out with some really interesting options and the Helix definitely looks like it's worth trying to find a slab in person. Although I still love the look of the Neolith so much! Wish it was a more feasible option for me.

o

Just ordered 70sq ft of the the new Blanco Orion this past Friday and should have it installed on our kitchen island and countertops by Christmas! I will definitely post pics - loved the slabs I saw at the Cosentino Center in Canton, MA this past week.

o

Scoyne999:

Can you describe the background color of the slab you saw? Did you see grays and beiges in the veining? Is one color of veining more prominent?

All the quartz marble look samples have been too white/light for my tile with grays, blue grays, beiges, and golds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here