Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Durable, Stylish, AND Cheap? Faucets, sink for a Rental...

Posted by mkoplmn (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 13:49

I'm looking for a nice and inexpensive faucet for a rental property. Any recommendations on something that will last for at least several years?

For the sink, I want a single SS undermount. I'm thinking of getting a Kraus because they seem to get great reviews. At around $300, a little more than I wanted to spend, but reviewers seem to think that the 16 gauge T304 steel that Kraus uses is more durable than other brands.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Durable, Stylish, AND Cheap? Faucets, sink for a Rental...

I've had good luck with the mid-range lever-handle Kohler and Proce Pfister from big box stores.

TIP: Do not install a single-hole faucet. They are easy to pull over and can even bend the sink. Get the kind with a broad base plate.

o

Anything Delta. Plumbers love Delta.

o

For our rentals we use moen and top mount sinks since they are easier to replace as needed. If you are paying for the water, go with a smaller bowl.

We skip the sprays as they are more likely to leak and can be hard to find the matching parts years later. Besides, I really don't want a tenants kids to have a water fight with one anyway. :)

o

"TIP: Do not install a single-hole faucet. They are easy to pull over and can even bend the sink. Get the kind with a broad base plate."

There are "new" single hole faucets and there are "replacement" faucets. Some "new" faucets come with an escutcheon plate which cover existing holes in the sink/top. I can't imagine this escutcheon plate adding much structural strength.

If you've got tenants bending the sinks, your problem isn't plumbing fixtures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here