Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help with final kitchen design please!

Posted by lajoanna (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 13:47

I love gardenweb and love all the fantastic little tips and tricks i have picked up over the years.

Now i have a major project and want your opinions on the layout of our new kitchen - any feedback is welcome!!

Going to probably use:
-American Woodwork Reading Maple white cabinets - shaker style.
-Ceaserstone gray cement counter
- eleganza wood looking porcelain tile in summer
-3x6 white carrera marble backsplash

Please check out the floor plan and let me know what you think.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help with final kitchen design please!

Do you have a measured "birds-eye-view" layout/plan? It's much easier to comment on a flat layout b/c we can see more of what's going on.

See the "Read Me" thread's "Layout Help" topic.

Here is a link that might be useful: New To Kitchens? Posting Pics? Read Me!

o
RE: need help with final kitchen design please!

Can you make those cabinets on the wall deeper, so your fridge doesn't stick out (or sink the fridge into the wall)? I don't think I'd have toe kicks over there, maybe feet? I think I'd have drawers from waist level down, and pullouts up top. Is that a window over the sink, what is the cabinetry piece for? From what I've read about blind corners, I don't think you are gaining anything by creating one between the sink and range. A freestanding range on that wall might make sense, but I don't know what you are going to do about stopping the backsplash over there.
You will get responses from much more knowledgeable people by following Buehl's suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here