Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christina222_gw

RTA Inset cabinets, not Conestoga?

christina222_gw
9 years ago

Can anyone recommend some RTA Inset cabinets that are not made by Conestoga? I'm thinking of using them in my laundry room. It seems everyone here uses Conestoga but I won't buy from them so I'm looking for other options.

Comments (17)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

I'll not be doing any business with Conestoga either. There's a price to pay for a public victory.

• jerzeegirl
    9 years ago

I think the RTA Cabinet Store carries inset cabinets but I have never bought anything from them so I don't have any experiences to relate.

Here is a link that might be useful: Windsor Line

• christina222_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks jerzeegirl, I'll check them out. I've got some used cabinets set aside for the project but I do like the looks of inset cabinets.

Trebuchet, that pretty much exactly how I feel about it too.

• ontariomom
    9 years ago

We just placed an order for RTA cabinets from Scherr's. Their customer service was fantastic! We got one glass cabinet inset, but the rest frameless. I think they mainly make frameless, and only made the custom glass cabinet for us as inset. You could double check about their willingness to make more cabinets inset.

Carol

• chesters_house_gw
    9 years ago

I gather that the owner of Conestoga is Mennonite, and they have a problem with abortion as well as war/

Here is a link that might be useful: wiki

• christina222_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Carol, I'll add them to my list to check out.

• ajc71
    9 years ago

I stopped using CWS many years ago, nothing to do with their religious beliefs more to do with the quality of the product and a lousy salesperson

But if I were still using them, I am not sure that I would stop based on the ruling alone....they do employee 1,000 people in their plants and they do pay above min wage and they do offer health ins.

Not sure that I can penalize a company or person for their religious beliefs, and this is not a new religion to the family..they didn't just decide yesterday to say that we are Mennonites now and we don't want to follow the rules.

• jerzeegirl
    9 years ago

The owners of Conestoga have a right to believe whatever they want, but they don't have a right to impose their beliefs on others. This company doesn't seem to have any problem with selling their cabinets to people who believe in all forms of birth control. If Conestoga feels so strongly about this belief, perhaps it should have potential clients fill out questionnaires before allowing them to buy.

• ajc71
    9 years ago

" If Conestoga feels so strongly about this belief, perhaps it should have potential clients fill out questionnaires before allowing them to buy."

Good point and agreed

• Vertise
    9 years ago

"they don't have a right to impose their beliefs on others. "

They aren't imposing their beliefs on others. They are simply excercising their own freedom and freedom of religion. People are still free to do as they please. I think they just don't want to be a part of fostering, facilitating something they feel very strongly about, so don't want their company, their family, to be the one paying for what they see as killing another human being.

No one is forcing anyone to take the pregnancy to term or to work for people whose religion they don't agree with. If it had been ruled the other way, then they would be the ones having their freedoms infringed upon and other people's beliefs forced upon them. Forced to act in a way they feel very strongly against.

I vote for personal freedom. This is a win-win.

• jerzeegirl
    9 years ago

If it had been ruled the other way, then they would be the ones having their freedoms infringed upon and other people's beliefs forced upon them.

By this very statement, you are acknowledging that the women who are being denied certain forms of legal birth control are having their freedoms infringed upon.

• christina222_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I didn't mean to start a political debate, we've all got our opinions. I'm just looking for a cabinet company., Obviously people who are okay with Conestoga should buy from them. I personally am not so I'm looking elsewhere.

• Vertise
    9 years ago

Me: If it had been ruled the other way, then they would be the ones having their freedoms infringed upon and other people's beliefs forced upon them.

JG: By this very statement, you are acknowledging that the women who are being denied certain forms of legal birth control are having their freedoms infringed upon"

No I'm not. I don't know how you are reading that.

Women are not being denied the protocol at all. It is legal. Their *employer* simply does not want to provide it *for* them. They are free to do whatever they want.

Why do you think an employer should be required to pay for it? Moreover, when it violates their own core beliefs. Why is it their responsibility?

Honestly, I think we are darn lucky to have medical benefits at all, someone else paying our medical bills.

I certainly would not want to force someone to get involved in, facilitate my personal business when it is against their own beliefs and values. And I do think it is a violation of their own rights and freedoms to force them to do so; to do that which violates something that is integral to the very core of their being. The other party is still free to take the pill, so their rights are intact.

• christina222_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Route66, that drives me crazy. There is a sofa that I'm interested in. It's only sold in one place and the web site says "call for pricing." WHY? Just give me the price! Do they make it up depending on my zip code?

• kfwimberley
    7 years ago

ajc71, what were the quality issues you found with Conestoga? I'm about to buy from them so I'd like to know the issues with their product. Thanks,

• christina8822
    7 years ago
    To my knowledge there are no particular quality issues with their products. My reason for not doing business with them is based on them as a company, not their products.