Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bellabuggy

Corner space required for bar stools?

BellaBuggy
10 years ago

I have searched for this answer to no avail, but I apologize in advance if it is here and I've overlooked it.

We are building a large bar height seating area which measures 5x8. I purchased 10 bar stools, thinking three on the long sides and two on the short. However, following the ~24 inches per seat rule, we could actually have two more stools for the long sides on the table. However, I'm not sure how those sitting at the corners would be affected. I am not mathematically inclined and I don't know how to calculate it. As it is, the stools can each slide in under the table top, and I want it to stay that way.

The table has an 18" overhang to allow stools to tuck under completely. The bottom of the legs is the widest portion, and that measures 17" square at the floor. I hope that makes sense! I realize the easiest way would be to try it out in person, but the table won't be done until next week and we have 14 family members coming in from out of town, so if I can do extra seating I would love to order it now so we could have it when they arrive.

It is miserable sitting in a too-tight corner spot so I don't want to create a problem, but on the flip side we have a very large family and every extra seat would help.

Thank you!

Comments (3)