Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sea pearl that looks like this?

Posted by mrsfireman (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 13:29

Houzz has this listed as sea pearl, is that what you all would call it? I haven't seen any sea pearl in person that looks this great. I love it and now I can't find one that looks just like this, have any of you? Or maybe I should look under a different name?

Thank you!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sea pearl that looks like this?

Unfortunately, since granite is a naturally-occurring substance, you are going to have wide variations. I would take this picture along with you to various suppliers to see if you can find something similar. I agree...it is gorgeous!I came closest by searching BLUE SEA PEARL GRANITE, but still didn't find an exact match. Have you tried contacting HOUZZ to find out who their supplier is? I've also seen it advertised as quartzite. Good luck!

o

Good ideas, I'll do that. I have not contacted houzz, you guys here are so knowledgeable and quick to reply I thought I'd check here first. Thank you!

o

OMG, that is gorgeous!!!
hope u find it, keep us posted!!!

o

Looks a bit like the granite being sold under "Wild Sea". You might check that as well. Suppliers are notorious for making up names, so don't let the name constrict your search. Describe the look you're going for to any large wholesaler and he should be able to provide suggestions about what he can get that will give you that look.

o

Thanks lwo! I Googled that name and came up with a site that has this.

Not the same as houzz but gives me hope I'll find something similar

o

And this also

When I find a site like the one in this picture, are they a supplier who who supply to local stone yards?

o

Oh my gosh!!! I want to find and buy that wild sea to put into my bathroom!! What a gorgeous stone!!

o

The slab you posted at 14:58 is gorgeous enough to hang on the wall. Wow!

o

I think the first slab is called brown fantasy quartzite. The one you posted has more blues and whites than what I've seen in person.

o

I agree, that first photo looks a lot like brown fantasy. A lot of the brown fantasy slabs that I have seen online tends to be more brown/grey, but the slab that I picked out has a lot of white and sage green. I suspect that the color in the first photo was enhanced a bit.

o

Wild Sea is a quartz sandstone with cool cross beds in various colors (bugundy, green) that make wavy patterns. We have it and I love it. I would definitely recommend it to others for durability and easy care.

Sea Pearl and Brown Fantasy are quartzites, although I've read here that some Brown Fantasy slabs are more marble-like.

But yeah. the names vary wildly, so you have to look around a lot and do as much homework as possible to sort out what your slab shop has.

o

We saw some Wild Sea that we thought should have been hung on the wall as art, but it wasn't what we were looking for for our purpose. But it was gorgeous.

We also saw something that looked sorta-maybe close to the OP's original pic. It was at Arizona Tile in Anaheim. They had one teeny piece, and it was stunning. It might have been enough for a vanity, and not a big one. We asked about it as we walked by and the guy said something about it being the last of it and being very sought after and very expensive. Sorry that I don't recall the name.

ETA: The Wild Sea was both at Arizona Tile Anaheim and Ontario.

This post was edited by cal_quail on Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 9:44

o

I might sell my car for that slab that mrsfireman posted and I'm not even a granite kinda girl...GORGEOUS!!!

o

dcward, I am with you!!!!

Although I have to say, after my first trip to an actual stone yard i immediately fell in love with the Brown Fantasy. It was almost enough to make me rethink my whole entire dining room, lol! But it was MEGA expensive.

I was never a stone kind of gal, either. but I am a true convert, if not for it's functionality then for its sheer work-of-art-ness.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here