Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Share photos of your pantry (wallk-in closet type)

Posted by peabody1 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 13:25

Anyone have pantries? I am looking for photos of pantries.....like walk-in closets....not like cupboards or your kitchen cabinet-types. I want a great walk-in pantry with wood shelves in my next house.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Share photos of your pantry (wallk-in closet type)

Many many great pantry threads here. There is one in particular with tons and tons of pantry photos.

ETA: Sadly it looks like a lot of people have moved or deleted their photos in some of those threads. I know I have another thread of just pantry photos in my Evernote. I'll have to check there, and if I find it, I'll post it.

It would also be really great to see pics of all the new pantries that have been built in the past year or so.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pantry pictures - multiple threads

This post was edited by jenswrens on Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 14:35

o

We made a bedroom into a sunroom, pre-construction, so I moved the door to the opposite side of the walk-in closet for it to become a walk-in pantry. Our trim carpenter put in the shelves per my specs (for spacing) but we did have to work around the air return bump-out (bottom right, back). The shelves to the right really hold more than they appear to in the pictures.

I showed him a picture of a potting bench to build the worktable. It's great for making a sandwich, coffee (K cup machine there now also) or putting down groceries. We store drink bottles underneath.

Here is a link that might be useful: More pantry ideas

o

Here is my newly renovated pantry. This is built in a corner where the old refrigerator was located. My shelves are 12 inches deep. I have shelving on two walls, the longest wall is 58 inches long and the shorter wall is 51 inches and the door is 2 feet wide. Yes, I wish it were bigger, but considering what I had before, I love it. Was exactly what I wanted.
1pandora

photo Pict2013_0621_zps3316158c.jpg
 photo Pict2013_0626_zps1a0308da.jpg
 photo Pict2013_0642_zpse79a23b5.jpg

o

Our walk in was made in a hallway that we closed off. The door is flanked by our fridge and freezer tower. Very sneaky. We thought about hanging some fur coats behind the doors to give it a "Narnia" feel when going through....

o

revealed

o

left side

o

Will2kz, that's MARVELOUS!

o

Wow wil2k! Crazy, fun and awesome!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here