Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ggkell_gw

Boston Kitchen Showrooms - Need Recommendations!

ggkell
15 years ago

I have noticed a lot of comments made by people in the Boston area. I will be spending 4 days in Boston and would like to visit some Kitchen Showrooms. DH and son will be golfing and I have a car. I don't mind driving so any where in a 2 hour radius is good. I have limited access to Kitchen Showrooms where I currently live. Looking for fun in the Big City. Please post any recommendations (also any must visit restaurants). Thanks!!!

Comments (8)

• ggkell
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry for the repeat post ... I got called away by kids and didn't realize I had made the previous post

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

When are you coming? We are planning a Boston area get together. perhaps it will coordinate with your trip?? Would love to have you join.

What sort of food do you like? I love the restaurants in Boston and give you a lot of recommendations. Should they be child friendly places or is your son older?

for kitchen showrooms... what about a visit to the design center. There is Kitchen Livin, Dalia, C. Peacock... you could make some appointments and get a lot of ideas without a lot of driving around. The design center is in this section of town called the seaport.

Where will you be staying?

• shudda
    15 years ago

http://www.clarkecorp.com/index2.html

Clarke Showroom in Milford is a great place to visit if you are out that far into the suburbs. They don't sell there but you can touch and open and look at anything and they have beautiful model kitchens set up.

• ggkell
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am heading up this Saturday. Last minute I decided to join the guys. We are staying at the Marriott Copley Place. Headed to Fenway Saturday Night. I have Monday and Tuesday to explore Boston and help make decisions on my kitchen. After 13 years in this house I am remodeling the 1970s kitchen. These are great recommendations and I am plotting my tour out on mapquest. For restaurants, I figure I need seafood since I will be in Boston.

• margieb2
    15 years ago

There are many smaller shops up and down rt. 9 from Framingham to Boston too. Every time I go to visit family in the area I'm amazed by the magnitude of resources in the area. The Miele showroom's in Wellesley and if you let them know you're coming, they'll prepare a whole meal for you. Then there's Tile Showcase on Speen street in Natick: Gorgeous tile! Wellesley Kitchens, Kitchen concepts and roomscapes in Norwell, kitchen Views in Newton, Splash kitchen and Bath showroom in Newton....Have fun!

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

For seafood, I would suggest Jasper White's Summer Shack. It is on Dalton Street ... walking distance to the Marriott and family friendly. i think Legal Seafood's is okay, but sort of a chain restaurant.

The best restaurants are in the South End so very close by to the Marriott. They are generally more adult oriented places though. There is a really good oyster restaurant called B and G Oyster. If you head over to the intersection of Tremont and Clarendon Street there will be many many fabulous restaurants all around you: Aquitaine (my personal favorite - a french bistro), Hamersley's Bistro, Sibling Rivalry, down a little farther is Tremont 647. Brunch on Sundays in the South End is a great idea too. Most of the restaurants are serving brunch and lots of people come out for brunch so it is fun and great people watching.

My favorite restaurant in Boston these days is Toro. It is Spanish Tapas. It is owned by Ken Oringer, a celebrity chef in these parts (also owner of Clio). It is far and away the best tapas in Boston. It is on Washington St. by Mass. Ave. in the South End. They don't take reservations but if you get there early, you should be okay (early as in 5:30 / 6:00 ... depending on the age of your child, may not be appropriate... also, requires an adventurous eater).

boy, I cannot wait to go to the Clarke Showroom after all of the endorsements. I wanted to get myself out there while in the kitchen design process but it was a little too far for me to manage.

Milford is about 45 minutes outside of Boston... take the mass. Pike to Route 495 South for a few exits.

Also, I second Margieb2's suggestion of Tile Showcase. There is also one in Watertown on Arsenal Street which is closer to Boston. Beautiful tile and really nice displays. and Splash in Newton is mostly a bath resource, however, they do have kitchen sinks on display as well as some kitchen faucets which are plumbed and so you can actually try them out.

oh, there is a really good Indian Restaurant on Newbury STreet called Kashmir. It is at the intersection of Newbury and Gloucester Streets (I think). Also, if you don't have an Anthropologie in your area you should definitely check it out. Great kitchie homeware stuff (and clothes). It is on Boylston (I think at the interesection of Fairfield), very close to your hotel.

Have so much fun!!

• ggkell
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks sooo much for the recommendations. I may have to return to get this all in. I love tapas and will definitely make it to Toro. Thanks again!!

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

if you go to Toro, definitely get the corn. it is out of this world. patatas are great too, particularly the dipping sauces.

have fun.