Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet maker in Houston area

Posted by Super45sonic (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 29, 13 at 12:55

Once again I need help from the GW community. I have been planning my kitchen reno for months. I plan to be my own GC and have identified countertop guy, tile setter, electrician and plumber. I thought I have a cabinet maker but it turns out not working out. I have already finalized my design and know exactly what I need. I just need someone to make those cabinets to my specifications (and hang them for me). Does anyone know of a good cabinet maker in the Houston area?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet maker in Houston area

Thanks for asking. I also am interested - but you might think about saying whether you want face-frame cabinets or frameless - lots of cabinet makers only do one or the other or at least prefer one over the other. (Also, whether mostly painted or stained might be useful too.)

o

Are you set on custom cabinets or have you considered prefabricated cabinets? We install a lot of kitchens and have seen *most* custom shops really start compromising on quality while some of the prefab companies have worked hard to improve their standards. We used to always recommend custom, but have been very disappointed to see that custom doesn't mean what it used to anymore. Also, don't just find someone that can "hang" the cabinets. If you don't use a good finish carpenter, things can go badly. This link gives some insight on why you really need to be choosy about your installer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Today's Cabinet Installers

o

Thank you for the suggestions. I was actually looking for a local cabinet maker rather than a particular brand of cabinet. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here