Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jan_jan_gw

My Granite Pictures (swickbb request)

jan_jan
14 years ago

Here are some pictures of my granite you wanted to see. It comes across different on different screens. I went to my girlfriends after I sent her pictures and it looked totally dark and brown on her screen. Anyway, you know the colors so I'm sending them hoping they come across right. It even looks darker on my screen than in real life.

I have heard it called White Piracema, White Beaches, Wave, and I'm sure there are lots of other names. I looked at granite for months and months and it was amazing to watch the slab colors and variations change. Some are super swirly with lots of blue and green and some have more rock and stone look to them with lots of gray and white. All of them were white piracema but new shipments would come in and the look would totally change. Anyway, I love it. The color is great in my home and flows with the rest of the house. We live by the beach and I can't tell you how many different aspects of this granite remind me of different parts of the beach from the sand, to the blue/green pieces that look like sea glass. Everyone has different taste, and for me, this is my perfect granite.

I also want to let you know I think this granite is bullet proof. I know it's not but I tell you the babying stage left quickly as you saw in my other post ("my granite is stressing me out") and now myself, my husband, and my two kids are using it like it was the old plywood counters. We finished the kitchen and summer hit and we are using the heck out of it. I have left things on it overnight by accident...even RED WINE! I get busy putting kids to bed and don't clean off the counters good before going to bed. I have found pizza, tomato sauce, coffee stains, a pile of cut lemons and limes from a cocktail party the night before, and no stains. I'm a stay at home mom and my kitchen gets its use. It was sealed and I will continue to seal it as directed becuase it is working great. Also, I think the colors variation and the colors in this granite are just like camouflage. I don't see crumbs or dirt. I wipe off my counters thinking they are clean only to find coffee, sauce, and all kinds of crap on the paper towel. It's unbelievable how great this granite is at hiding stuff. I wish I had known how easy it was going to be so I wouldn't have stressed over it so much. I can't recommend it enough or tell you enough how much I love my granite! :) I really like it...can you tell? :) Here are some pics...

You can email me with anymore ?'s or for more pictures.

Comments (24)

• nursetammi
    14 years ago

It looks just beautiful. I can see exactly what you mean about the beach. I am so happy for you. Wow a job well done. Can you share what you used to seal it and how you did it. I am just at that stage now. Sounds like you did it perfect, just like your kitchen!

• damom
    14 years ago

I love your granite! It's just what I am looking for. I was concerned it would stain easily, so your experience is very encouraging. It looks great with your white cabinets, do you think it would look good with a medium stained cherry cabinet?

• faleash
    14 years ago

Oh I forgot how beautiful your granite and kitchen were! So so so so pretty. So great that you can relax now and enjoy it!!

• jan_jan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You are all so sweet and absolutley made my day. THANK YOU!

Nursetammi, Thanks, I have put an email into my fabricator (he is great) about what he used to seal it. When he emails back I will post it. He did it after installation and I watched him just wipe it on but I don't know if it's the stone or the sealer but it is bullet proof...right now anyway. My hsuband and I went to catalina last weekend and snorkled and as I was looking at the bottom I thought...that is my granite. :)

damom~ thanks so much! At this point I don't think I could stain it if I tried. So worry free I love it. I think it would look great with cherry but then again I am totally partial. :) I love this stone.

faleash~ You are too sweet. Thank you for taking the time to post that sweet comment. Relax is exactly what my husband and I are doing. I'm so glad it's over. :)

• country_smile
    14 years ago

Wow - it's BEAUTIFUL!!! The colors in it would have gone perfectly with my floor had I found it a few months earlier.

• damom
    14 years ago

Thanks jan jan...now can't wait to pick out my granite...hope I can find one as gorgeous as yours!

• Christine Clemens
    14 years ago

Let me just say - WOW!

• kelvar
    14 years ago

Beautiful! Would you say the background is white, tan, or grey? I'm sure it's my monitor giving me mixed signals on the color. I'd love to have this one in my kitchen. Another bookmark!

• swickbb
    14 years ago

You know when you have found what you want when it makes you want to cry and looking at that beautiful stone just did it to me. I love the look and feel of the beach as well so that makes it even better! I'm so glad you love it and it worked out for you -- no more stress!
    My unsealed sample did not stain, etch, or anything as well so it's obviously one of the good ones. I will think positive that I find as nice of a slab as yours with the green bits in it as well. Sigh. It's just awesome. Thanks so much for posting your pictures so quickly!

• donnakay2009
    14 years ago

This is just breathtaking, and it was so much fun to read your comments about it. I just found my Bianco Romano, (also mostly white) and seeing your granite, with the white cabinets (Looovvvvve the curved glass-fronted ones! Wow!) gives me so much hope. Thank you for the inspiration. I now believe I can make it through the next two or three months.

• swickbb
    14 years ago

I was so excited by looking at that gorgeous granite I forgot to tell you how much I love the cabinets too! That zigzag wine rack is perfect! I am so wishing I got white cabinets now...

• redroze
    14 years ago

Wow, that's got to be one of the beautiful granites I've ever seen!! How is it different from Costa Esmerelda? Is it that it has more cream rather than green?

• Fori
    14 years ago

What a pretty kitchen! I even love the granite. It's unusual to find a fresh-feeling granite--most seem warm and brown or cold and dark (or white), but this really does feel oceany. (Are you growing bananas?)

• jan_jan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay I LOVE this web site. My head is so swollen up with compliments I'm just full of myself. :) THANK YOU!! My gosh you guys made me feel good.

Country Smile ~ you made me smile. Thanks.

Damom ~ Your very sweet, and I'm sure you will find your perfect granite. Good luck, I can't wait to see it.

odiegirl13 ~ Thanks. :)

sleevepresto ~ Thanks, I would say for sure the background is gray.

swickbb ~ You are so sweet. Thank you so much for your compliments. I can't wait to see what you find. My unsealed sample was the same way so I figure it's pretty tough. My hubby built the cabinets so I will pass on the love to him. Funny he built a shelf in that corner where the wine cab is first and I said..."where is my wine cabinet?" he had to tear out the cute shelves he built and rebuilt those corner ones so I could have my perfect stackable wine cabinet. :) He is so good to me.

donnakay2009 ~ My girlfriend has Bianco Romano with all white cabinets and it is so beautiful. It looks so fresh and clean and the granite is just enough contrast for the white but not too dramatic. It's so pretty. I ask her if I could take pictures and post them and she said, "no, that is weird!" :) hee hee I tried months ago to get her to let me post her kitchen and she just doesn't get us kitchen freaks. :) She bought her house she didn't pick out everything so she doesn't get "us" ;)

Redroze ~ Your kitchen is the most beautiful kitchen I think I have ever seen....and I own alot of magazines. :) I saw your kitchen months ago and LOVE it. You have amazing taste and I'm thrilled that you love my granite. I think it is very different from Costa Esmerelda, but maybe hard to tell on the computer. I really love costa esmerelda. Mine is really, really, REALLY gray and has more blue in it. The green in mine are small spots that look like stones but they are very light green/blue. I tried to take a picture but it's not coming out. It's like a sea glass green you can almost see through.

Fori ~ Thank you. Very sweet compliments. AND, good eye! Yes,I am a banana FREAK. I grow cavendish, mysore, and Gluay Namwa. I love banana growing. I'm expecting a flag leaf from my Mysore anyday. You a banana grower?
    Here are some pictures of my Mysore crop from December.

• annie.zz
    14 years ago

It's gorgeous! Thanks so much for posting this. I grew up on the beach and my LR is beach reminiscent. I was trying to find a way to tie my kitchen into that, and this granite would really help.

• jan_jan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks annie.zz :)

• redroze
    14 years ago

Just came in for a second look. Woo Jan Jan, is it ever dreamy.

• hollister768
    14 years ago

Love it!!!!!! It looks fabulous. You made a great choice.

• Fori
    14 years ago

Oh yeah...you grow bananas. One or two...

:)

I have merely dabbled in nanners. But that mysore is inspiring!

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

jan jan... your granite is crazy beautiful! I would almost think you live in Fla. too looking at those pics!

• jan_jan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Everyone on this forum has no idea how good you have made me feel. I love my kitchen of course but to know that even one other person thinks it's pretty is VERY nice. You have all made me feel so good and it has made all the hard work worth it. This remodel was so stressful on us having two kids and it being a DIY. By the time it was done I almsot hated the poor kitchen. Having all these wonderful comments has just been great and made me and hubby feel sooo good. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to comment. THANKS!

remodelfla ~ Thank you! I live on the Orange County coast in Southern California. I have lived here all my life. No complaints...but then again I guess I don't know what else is out there. :)

fori ~ I love bananas! I wish I had a bigger yard and and a tad hotter summer. I'm pretty close to the ocean so my temps are very mild which is nice for people but I think the bananas would prefer some more heat. I also have a jamacian red but it' s a baby still.

Redroze ~ Your too sweet! Thanks.

• elizpiz
    14 years ago

Jan, that is GORGEOUS granite. I'm not usually a granite fan, as so many seem to look similar to one another. Your counters are simply stunning. Have you posted your kitchen elsewhere (I confess I haven't looked before responding to this post). From the glimpse, it looks great. And I love the bananas :-)

Eliz

• karena_2009
    14 years ago

Whoa. I'd like to visit your house and get some of those fresh bananas! Your granite is beautiful; it almost reminds me a little bit of Carrera marble. Congratulations!

• jan_jan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks elizpiz. I posted a couple pictures of "my finished kitchen" I think that was what I named the post. It's a long Kitchen and small in space so I found it very hard to photograph. Thanks for your kind words. I might get spunky one day and take a bunch of photos and upload them to photobucket. :)