Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlll

For those with BM white dove painted cabinets

sandlll
13 years ago

what color walls and trim did you end up with? I am thinking of a lighter gray/silver wall, but what about window trim etc?

Comments (16)

• trish21
    13 years ago

Our cabinets are White Dove as well as our trim.

I tried lots of paint colors but settled on Soft Fern by Benjamin Moore. It is very pretty with the White Dove and added a little warmth to a very white kitchen. Still looking 6 mo. later for the perfect table though....

• joyjoyjoy
    13 years ago

dotcomgone - i love your window seats - we're going to make some for our porch - do you find that people lean on the windows?? We are trying to decide how tall to make ours...

• trish21
    13 years ago

Thanks Joy. Well...I lean on the windows I have to admit.
    Usually the kids sit in the spots with the windows and they are not as apt to lean as adults. We have throw pillows for comfort.

• prill
    13 years ago

my trim is also white dove. I did one color up on the chart for my walls, 2 might have been a bit more of a contrast.

• sandlll
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ok, so should be good to just use white dove on the trim, one less long decision is good news! I think I am going to be spending enough time picking out the gray...

Dotcomgone, I love your kitchen and you pendant lights. Can you tell me where you got them? Do they get really dusty? Thanks!

• katieob
    13 years ago

Hi.

We have BM White Dove for cabs & all trim. We used BM Wickham Grey in the kitchen (the sliver over the sink window) and adjoining room. It's a light blue/grey that is very soothing and people always ask about. Hope this helps.

Katie

• sydmad2010
    13 years ago

all of the trim in my house is BM White - I am currently have my cabs painted BM White Dove and the trim of the window above my sink (because it is next to the cabs) i am leaving the rest of the trim white and hoping it is ok!

• marthavila
    13 years ago

My cabs are Dove White (Plain & Fancy's name). The walls are BM Soleil ( a buttery yellow). For the life of me, I can't remember the ceiling, baseboard and window trim color. But it's a brighter, whiter white than Dove White/White Dove.

Docomegone, your window seat area is gorgeous!

• sparklekitty
    13 years ago

My cabinets are natural red birch and painted dove wing (slightly gray white), trim white dove and walls BM Revere Pewter which is a slightly taupe-gray. It is a historic color and the white dove looks very crisp against it. Other colors, such as wedgewood gray, which I have in my guest room, make the white dove look a bit creamy, which is lovely too. White dove is very versatile, but keep in mind it can go warm or cool depending on what it is with.

• sheaeus
    13 years ago

Marthavila,
    I just ordered P&F Dove White cabinets am curious if you have any pictures of your kitchen you could share.

Thanks

• carriea
    13 years ago

We painted bm silver marlin

• Rudebekia
    13 years ago

I did a sage green.

• azwildcats70
    13 years ago

We are doing BM white dove cabinets, trim is BM Decorators white and walls are Berkshire Beige (which is not so beige but more a gray/green khaki). I'm painting the cabinets this weekend.

• marthavila
    13 years ago

Sheaeus, write me offline for those. As long as it's been since I've reached 90% completion , I'm still not ready for a formal GW reveal. :-)

• Lisa B.
    13 years ago

Cabinets are BM white dove, trim throughout entire main floor is BM white dove in a semi-gloss finish, paint through most of main floor (including kitchen) is BM Early Morning Mist, a perfect "greige" color. I have BM October Mist below the chair rail in the dining area, also against the white dove paint. The powder room off the kitchen is BM Wedgewood Gray, which as Sparklekitty stated makes the white dove look slightly creamy. Looks great against anything I've tried so far!

• sandlll
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks for the wall colors, I have lots to explore now.