Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctn30

Kraus brand faucet/sink?

CTN30
9 years ago

Does anyone have experience with this brand? There are a couple of products from them on Amazon that are very well-reviewed and would fit our needs/budget, but I've never heard of them before.

Comments (23)

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Many of us on this forum have sinks by this manufacturer. We're happy with ours - very solid and quiet (no tinny, rattling sound when the water hits it), and the way it came packaged, you'd think it was the crown jewels!

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Happy with my kraus undermount ss sink. Re-read amazon return policy before ordering. It's about the timing of when you will actually install the item. Sink and faucets usually are installed near the end, so a delta sink faucet I had purchased and found out at install time it was defective. was outside the return date. Amazon eventually agreed to accept the defective item back but charged the re-stocking fee. I bought several things thru them and delta faucet only item that had a problem.

• fivefootzero
    9 years ago

Mags, Delta has a lifetime warranty. You could have dealt with them if Amazon return policy had expired.

We have a Kraus sink and a Delta Leland faucet over 3 years now. Very happy with both items.

Here's a photo of both.

This post was edited by fivefootzero on Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 14:07

• bobhood
    9 years ago

Check out faucetdirect.com for Kraus sinks. They have a sale going on right now and free shipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus sinks online

• ck_squared
    9 years ago

I'll second faucetdirect.com for a Kraus sink. That's where we bought ours and we've been very happy with it. And I can't say enough good things about faucetdirect.com. An excellent company with terrific customer service. I'd buy it there before I'd buy it from amazon.

• Susan St. Pierre
    9 years ago

We bought a Kraus sink, this one:

http://www.faucetdirect.com/kraus-khu100-30-30-undermount-single-bowl-16-gauge-stainless-steel-kitchen-sink/p1755667

Can't vouch for it since it's being installed this week. And now I see that's it's on sale for $100 less than I paid for it. Grrrr.

• kmg67
    9 years ago

Got this one a couple of weeks ago from build.com for $380 shipped (no faucet) - http://www.build.com/kraus-khu102-33/s577170

I thought it was an exceptional value for a 16g sink.

• ck_squared
    9 years ago

susieloves - Not sure how long ago you bought your sink, but I'd give faucetdirect a call and see if they can't give you the difference back. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask.

p.s. build.com is the same company

• Susan St. Pierre
    9 years ago

Unfortunately, I bought mine from Amazon (who had a slightly better price at the time, and I have Prime, so two day shipping). But they are jerks about price adjustments. Actually, I got them to grant me one once...but it was literally a day after I had placed the order and it would have been really easy for me to return and re-buy, which the customer service rep understood. No such luck this time since I've unpacked the sink and sent it off with my granite fabricator!

• annac54
    9 years ago

Happy here with our Kraus sink also which was purchased from Faucet Direct. Bought a number of items from them. Great service.

• sevrm
    9 years ago

Lowes and Home Depot both sell Kraus sinks online. If there is one near you, I would think that you could return the sink to the store if necessary.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I have a sink and faucet from Kraus. Faucet came from build.com and sink from overstock. I'm very happy with both, but they've only been installed a few months.

• katie234
    9 years ago

Does anyone have the Kraus 39 inch 50/50 bowl sink? I was interested in it and was wondering if it was way too big. I was going to wash on one side and have the dish drainer on the other side so that the dish drainer is off my counter. I am constantly washing dishes throughout the day. Any thoughts on this idea. I will also have a prep sink either the 15 inch or the 20 inch Kraus. Maybe too many sinks in the kitchen??

• Swentastic Swenson
    9 years ago

Not sure about kitchen sinks I bought 2 Kraus vessels for our hallway bathroom off Overstock.com. I would say the only complaint I have about them is a lack of overflow drains - if we had kids I'd be screwed.

Otherwise they seem pretty sturdy.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Sorry, Katie. Mine is the 36" 60/40 apron front. Mine feels pretty big and deep, I can't imagine what a 39" would be like.

• swifty0802
    9 years ago

I had a kraus kbu14 sink installed under my quartz countertop on December 18, 2014. When plumbing was going to be hooked up, I noticed round hole cut out for drain was not stamped out uniformly and drain and strainer did not sit in flush or straight. One side sticks up. Kraus sent two other drain/strainers which just arrived on December 30. One was a different color than the sink and the other, there was a space between the hole and drain - defeats purpose of strainer. Kraus agreed my sink was defective and would replace my it. January 5 new sink arrived. Turns our it was someone's return from August. Their paperwork was in the box. The sink was not in the box correctly, drainer and parts scattered all over. Tape everywhere. That sink was also defective, probably why it was returned.

I had a real hard and frustrating time dealing with Kraus. Turns out they do not stand behind the guarantee of the workmanship of their products.

• swifty0802
    9 years ago

Ben Jewell: Per our conversation, I have not received a call from Kathy yet. Thanks - Swifty

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Thanks fivefeetzero. Yep, delta took care of problem. They replaced every part so now the faucet operates.

• swifty0802
    9 years ago

Ben Jewell: Kathy from Kraus USA still has not called me.

• User
    9 years ago

Do you think that the sinks are really such a different animal than the faucets? Read the Real Scoop on where this stuff comes from.

• javiwa
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Swifty0802 -- where did you order/purchase your sink from? We purchased a Kraus from Overstock and noticed rust spots on the underside, coming through the paint. I contacted Kraus and even sent them a photo; rep acknowledged it was indeed rust. However, rather than offer to swap out a new sink, they told me since I was still under the 30-day return warranty w/ OS, I needed to deal w/ OS. Essentially, Kraus wouldn't honor their lifetime warranty until after the 30 days. Very frustrating. When I sent the sink back to OS, I made sure to mark up all over the outside of the box "DAMAGED, DEFECTIVE" so no other customer would get stuck with my reject.

• PRO
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

@ javiWa

The 30 day return limit is pretty common. The manufacturer has an agreement with the retailer to accept replacements for 30 days, then the manufacturer takes over.

It is designed to benefit the customer who has to deal with only one party to return an item defective on delivery. Kraus actually did honer its warranty, but through the store, which eventually will return the item to Kraus for credit or replacement.