Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vfromsd_gw

Cabinet Recommendations-After House Flood

vfromsd
9 years ago

When we were at our son's college graduation we were notified by the police/fire that a water supply line to an upstairs toilet had burst and caused substantial flooding to our home. We were 2000 miles away. We live in an Arts and Craft home (historically designated on the outside but not on the inside thank goodness) that I have restored for the past 20 years through two remodels. 80% of our home has been gutted and the prospect of a third remodel is just gut-wretching at this time for me. With wanting to be back in our home as soon as possible (we have children away at college and we want to spend Christmas back in our home) I do not have much time to pick out cabinets and fixtures like I did in the previous remodels. Frankly every time I walk into a store I just want to cry.

So I need cabinet recommendations and opinions from everyone. I had white painted cabinets that I liked but needed to be repainted every 5 years due to chipping etc. With out environmental regulations here in California you cannot get a good paint finish locally. It was suggested I buy manufactured cabinets but will they really be better than locally made custom cabinets. I do not know where to start in terms of cabinet companies. I just remember names like Wood-Mode from before. It has been suggested I look at cabinets by Omega/Dynasty.

I would love cabinet recommendations. I want to go with white again and I like the arts and craft style but despite my house being craftsman I have decorated my house more vintage and cottage style. Should I get locally made or manufactured out of state? Which company has a good product where the paint job will hold up? Right now I do not know my budget because we are negotiating with the insurance company.

All recommendations appreciated and thanks!

Comments (2)