Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessie21or2

Is there a pull down faucet without the icky button for spray?

jessie21
15 years ago

I tried my friend's pull down faucet and loved it except for the rubber button that starts the spray. The rubbery material seemed kind of icky and I was wondering if there are any pull downs out there with a metal button or maybe a rigid plastic one that would be easier to keep looking and feeling nice. If you have this, can you fill me in and maybe show a picture? Or do they not exist? thanks!

Comments (20)

• patti823
    15 years ago

I have a Hansgrohe, and mine is hard plastic. I was told not to get the rubbery kind because they wear out. Here's mine:

• elvisandcallie
    15 years ago

I have the Brizo Venuto. It has a hard plastic button on the under/backside of the nozzle. You don't even see it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brizo Venuto

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

I have the Pegasus Commercial Kitchen Faucet:
    {{!gwi}}

To turn on the spray you squeeze the handle. On the down side, however, the spray cannot lock.

But I know what you mean -- in a previous kitchen our (Grohe) faucet had the rubber mechanism.

• mygar
    15 years ago

I have the Delta Allora. It has a hard plastic button.

• mmme
    15 years ago

I'm not getting it, but I remember that the Kohler Forte had a hard plastic button too.

• jessie21
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you all!! all of your faucets are cool and i'm going to check into all of them tonight.

• sweeby
    15 years ago

I have the Hamat Danielle with a nice sturdy metal button.

{{!gwi}}

• rhome410
    15 years ago

Our Kohler Simplice is either plastic or very hard rubber...But not icky/flexible/rubbery feeling.

• erin2553
    15 years ago

I also have the Delta Allora. I don't think it will be a problem in the future. So far, so good!

• alku05
    15 years ago

Our full sized Brizo Floriano has a hard plastic button. Our prep sized Floriano has a metal ring around the nozzle that you rotate to switch between the stream and spray.

• judeNY_gw
    15 years ago

My Blanco Classic has a metal button but it's a pull out. Blanco also makes pull downs that you might want to check out. Although I have no complaints about the Blanco, I prefer the pulldown. I too have a Hansgrohe pulldown (Swing model) and am happy with it.

• Circus Peanut
    15 years ago

I just got a Blanco pulldown, the Master Gourmet. All metal and I really like the squeeze-on/stay-on of the spray:

• jessie21
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks!!

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

hi Jessie,
    i have the rohl faucet with pull down spray. i love it! the close up picture didn't come out too well.

• suska6184
    15 years ago

alku05-

It looks like your prep sink Floriano has a seam right at the flare of the "flower head", if you will. Is that what you rotate for spray, or is it underneath there, not visible? I have both sizes of Florianos also, but I have never been able to figure out how to get the spray on the smaller one. I guess I don't really need it there, so I just forgot about it. But now that I see your picture, I don't have that seam in my "flower head", it's just a solid piece. Maybe mine is older and just isn't designed for that, I'm not sure.

• ccc123
    15 years ago

KWC faucets have metal spray controls. Check out their website.

• wallycat
    15 years ago

Oh WOW, that Rohl is GORGEOUS!!
    DH laughed when I told him how much that faucet may cost him....sigh.

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

wallycat, my DH never found out!! lots of those expenses got buried along the way.

here is a better pic of it in case you are interested:

• rgillman
    15 years ago

Mine is a KWC. See that "hat" on the top? It's the spray button. I love this faucet.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

mamadadapaige, what a great closeup picture of your beautiful Ocean Green granite and faucet. Just love your granite!